Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feel like my Pillow isn't giving good therapy...reco to try?
Feel like my Pillow isn't giving good therapy...reco to try?
I been using the Evora nasal pillow for months but lately I found I am waking up groggy.

Some days I have some major leaks but most days I don't...and my AHI is uusally .6 or lower...so I assume its doing its job. Just don't feel as good as I did originally when I first started. Was thinking of trying a different mask. Any recos? Please no recommendations for airfit 10...as it is just bad for me , the clip is horrible and cant adjust the tightness very well.

Was thinking of trying the Dreamwear Gel or the Brevida

Just looking for somehing that works for side sleeping and doesn't leak...I just want to go back to the great sleep I Was getting =/
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feel like my Pillow isn't giving good therapy...reco to try?
I use the AirFit P10 with headgear from an AirFit N30 (it is adjustable). I will also use an N30 intermittently when my nose is chapped. As you probably know masks can be very tricky since everyone has one that works perfectly for them and for the next person it is an utter failure. I counted recently and I’ve tried seven different masks to find what works with my sleep style and facial anatomy. I’ve only been on treatment four 4 months.
Post Reply Post Reply
how do you get all those masks? my supplier Apria is really A-holes telling me i cant get more. Even though my insurance says they will pay for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
With Kaiser, Apria requires that your doctor or DME authorize with them any given SINGLE style mask that you are using. I get a huge discount on masks through Kaiser. The policy of "only one mask style" is to stop people from ordering and reselling masks for profit; or willy nilly changing masks endlessly or ordering 6 styles of mask at one go. In short abusing the system.

My DME has been happy to change my prescribed mask with Apria as I work through various styles. I paid out of pocket to try the P30i and now that I like it, my DME has changed my mask order with Apria. I think this is understandable and fair. From here on out, my P30i mask and supplies will be provided at an 80% discount.
Post Reply Post Reply
My insurance pays fore it all so they shouldnt be giving me guff.

I tell them what i want or what my doctor told me to get, they need to shutup an send it to me.

I am sick of these people

You say you paided out of pcoket? why? insurance covers CPAP stuff

And how many times did your supplier make you pay out of pocket?
these people are freaking scammer leaches.
Post Reply Post Reply
"these people are freaking scammer leaches."

Au contraire. Kaiser didn't "make" me pay for the mask; it was on sale and I'd read about it here and I jumped on the sale. As I mentioned, I like the mask and now it's on my prescription and I get it at an 80% discount.

did you read the part in my post about people abusing the system?
Post Reply Post Reply
I dont care what other people do, that is their business.

When I tell a company what to do for my health, they best do it. I am sick of these lying annoying apria people.
Post Reply Post Reply
The point is, when others abuse the system, the DME and insurance put more checks into place to make sure you don't take advantage as well. Same thing if too many abuse welfare, unemployment, whatever else. If they abuse the system, you end up paying for it either with more difficult approval or higher fees to access, like higher insurance premiums or higher copays.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the thing... A DME isn't going to just give you a new mask whenever you want it.  Why?  Because they follow the insurance supply replacement schedule.  (See supply replacement chart in article below)

In other words, a DME wants paid, and there's a limit what they can give you. If you want to try a different mask, you would have to wait until the 90 days was up. Or purchase from an online supplier using their 30 trial. If you like it, then you can request a different mask from your DME when you are due for a new mask.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...6_Medicare
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My insurance covers all supplies, at any time. Apria needs to fix themselves.

This is all kinda off topic tho - really im just looking at a mask to test.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 176 9 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 155 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 252 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 84 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.