Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feel like my numbers look pretty good, but I'm not sleeping any differently?
Feel like my numbers look pretty good, but I'm not sleeping any differently?
Hey, I've pretty recently been diagnosed with UARS, with an average of 11 respiratory events per hour during my lab study, and have now been put on a CPAP machine starting a few days ago. I understand that I'm still very early in the process here, but I don't feel like my quality of sleep has changed much at all so far.

I actually feel as though I can do a decent job keeping the mask on most/all of the night, even though sometimes it hurts a little, but I've still been a bit frustrated at how much I've been fully waking up while trying to stay asleep. It happened 4 times last night, and I received something around 5:30-6 hours of sleep total before giving up entirely. That said, I have noticed that the machine's saying my numbers are a lot better now (It went as low as 0.8 AHI the other night, although I've only just now put an sd card in there so this is the only screenshot I have so far.) I can also acknowledge that maybe my case is a lot more mild to begin with than many others, and I'm setting my expectations too high here as well.

I guess my main question here is: Is there some type of setting or something I should mess with to try and improve my results, or am I just being too optimistic in thinking that I'd be much better off this quickly in the process?

I can also post screenshots from future nights as well as they come, if this one night doesn't seem like enough data to anybody.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feel like my numbers look pretty good, but I'm not sleeping any differently?
UARS is about flow limits and you need to do all you can to .aximize that which means maximizing the impact of EPR.
EPR is 3 full time which is great BUT your min, which is 5, needs to be 7 as a min to allow room for the EPR to work.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feel like my numbers look pretty good, but I'm not sleeping any differently?
Okay, thank you for the feedback; I appreciate it! I'll try setting the minimum pressure higher tonight, and hopefully will see some better results with that. I may also end up posting an update of some sort tomorrow, we'll see I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 5 149 Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Last Post: jake79
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 187 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 373 04-16-2024, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 204 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 137 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 468 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.