Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feel like the Walking Dead!
Feel like the Walking Dead!
I'm guessing it's still the flow limitations that are the issue but the past few nights/days have been truly exhausting.  I can't concentrate, fighting to stay awake during the day, headaches, dizzy and just feeling like a total zombie.

I speak to my Sleep Dr. in a couple of weeks, what can I say to them to get on the path for a Vauto?  Is there any small tweaks I can try in the meantime that might help?  I'm guessing not but I'm getting desperate here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feel like the Walking Dead!
What was the result of your use of a soft cervical collar?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the 30th and again 31st there was positional apnea that was a large part of your AHI
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2021, 12:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: What was the result of your use of a soft cervical collar?

This is the first time I've had clusters of events so I've not thought of using a cervical collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2021, 12:33 PM)staceyburke Wrote: On the 30th and again 31st there was positional apnea that was a large part of your AHI

This is new but would it be enough to make me feel even worse than I did with lower AHI?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t know for sure but I was looking for a possible reason and everything else looked good.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The good news is that you are still walking. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2021, 01:37 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I don’t know for sure but I was looking for a possible reason and everything else looked good.

I appreciate all of the feedback!  I will see if it happens more often as this was the first few nights I've seen this since I started back in January.  I think using too many pillows can cause this to happen as well?  I like sleeping on lots of pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2021, 02:12 PM)clownbell Wrote: The good news is that you are still walking. Smile

Dielaughing

It doesn't feel like good news though!  LOL.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, a stack of pillows may cause Positional Apnea. Try to minimize the stack and see if it helps.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 188 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 87 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 832 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 327 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,016 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 902 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.