Mask Type: Hybrid
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Liberty
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 8-16
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
RE: Feel worse, AHI the same
I never knew this was so complicated. I have no clue what OP is or RDI diagnostic. Wish I never went for the study. It took 2 weeks for medical supply company to change my settings from 8 to the flex of 8-14. I ordered supplies 2 weeks ago and am still using all original parts. There has got to be an easier way.....maybe I'm just a complicated case. Everyone I know on cpap found immediate relief, other than some minor mask issues. I'm the opposite, was adapted to my mask in 3 days but have ZERO improvement. Sleeping without it tonight
07-13-2015 06:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

(07-13-2015 02:29 PM)Daisylouu Wrote:  My 90% is always 14. Please guess.

Since your asking for a guess, well this is more common sense than a guess...
and you are sitting at your max of 14 for 90% of the night, I would adjust the max number up to 15. If the lower starting pressure doesn't bother you, you can raise that to 9. So your setting would be 9-15. This probably isn't ideal, but the idea is to make small changes and watch for a week or two.

You can also use the ramp feature if starting at 9 is too much for you. I don't use the ramp feature, but you may like it.
Set it to start at 6 for 15 or 20 minutes.

Keep us posted if you make changes and how you do with it.
Others may suggest something that could be more helpful to you.

OpalRose
07-13-2015 06:12 PM
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

(07-13-2015 06:11 PM)Daisylouu Wrote:  I never knew this was so complicated. I have no clue what OP is or RDI diagnostic. Wish I never went for the study. It took 2 weeks for medical supply company to change my settings from 8 to the flex of 8-14. I ordered supplies 2 weeks ago and am still using all original parts. There has got to be an easier way.....maybe I'm just a complicated case. Everyone I know on cpap found immediate relief, other than some minor mask issues. I'm the opposite, was adapted to my mask in 3 days but have ZERO improvement. Sleeping without it tonight

Sleeping without will make you feel even lousier.
You can make the pressure changes yourself, it's your health not DME's

OpalRose
07-13-2015 06:16 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Sex: Male

(07-13-2015 06:11 PM)Daisylouu Wrote:  I never knew this was so complicated. I have no clue what OP is or RDI diagnostic. Wish I never went for the study. It took 2 weeks for medical supply company to change my settings from 8 to the flex of 8-14. I ordered supplies 2 weeks ago and am still using all original parts. There has got to be an easier way.....maybe I'm just a complicated case. Everyone I know on cpap found immediate relief, other than some minor mask issues. I'm the opposite, was adapted to my mask in 3 days but have ZERO improvement. Sleeping without it tonight

You don't know me but I did not find immediate relief. It took a long time for me to get used to my mask. It took me taking my therapy into my own hands and adjusting my pressure to start feeling better.

Your experience with the DME and supplies is fairly common but some have had worse. 2 weeks is a long time but they need to clear with insurance before they will send to you so lots of red tape and BS. For those with bad DME/Insurance end of buying their own minor supplies.

OP = Original Poster (the author of Post #1 (you)).
RDI = Respiratory Disturbance Index. See: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ance_index

Also see the Wiki for other acronyms that people try to stump us with: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
07-13-2015 06:26 PM
eseedhouse Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: SimPlus
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 7-10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Also on supplemental O2 at 3L/min. while sleeping.

(07-13-2015 05:11 PM)Daisylouu Wrote:  What does that 90% mean? That I'm at the max 90% of the time?

It means that you were at that or less than that 90% of the time. Or turn it around, your pressure only went higher than the 90% figure 10% of the time.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.
07-13-2015 06:53 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

so my guess is along with OpalRose, that your machine is finding itself reacting to your apnea, trying to up the pressure. getting from 8 up to 14 takes a fair number of events all in a row. As she suggests, raising both your lower pressure and upper pressure slowly is a good guess at next step. If 14 just seems unbearable, though, still suggest you raise the lower pressure by 1, and ride that for at least 4 days to see whether overall reduction is seen.

Most important - stick with it.

If you had SleepyHead or EncoreBasic (another free software designed for Phillips Respironics) they would also be able to show you a number that is your median pressure. Like an average, the median indicates how much pressure you would see a percentage of the time. It would give even more info on what a good lower pressure setting might be.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
07-13-2015 07:16 PM
Daisylouu Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Philips Respironics Rem star Auto

Other Comments:

What should the 90% amount be? Lower than your highest setting?
07-13-2015 08:25 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

(07-13-2015 08:25 PM)Daisylouu Wrote:  What should the 90% amount be? Lower than your highest setting?

There is no right or wrong pressure. The 90% pressure (actually 90th percentile) should be lower than the maximum pressure. If it is equal to the maximum pressure, the machine is continuing to identify events that it is programmed to increase pressure to treat.

Keep working at it. The therapy takes time to adapt to the pressure. If you're feeling it is difficult to exhale against the pressure there are some solutions to that as well.

07-13-2015 09:42 PM
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

I think I'll try the Mirage Liberty when I QALify for a new mask. You will know a lot more once you get your computer plugged in. I sure wish there were an iPhone aqq for SleepyHead or EncoreBasic.

keep reading up on sleep hygiene.

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
07-13-2015 11:51 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Daisylouu Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Philips Respironics Rem star Auto

Other Comments:

Thank you so much. I'm getting there understanding some terms but VERY frustrated at life in general, I truly never heard of anyone having issues. People got cpap, it helped, the end. I also didn't know there were choices of machines! They just gave me mine, the end. I slept on a recliner last night to see if position would help, but my ahi was 15. Ugh!
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2015 03:52 AM by Daisylouu.)
07-14-2015 03:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lack of progress and getting worse. Pudel 7 409 11-07-2016 02:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  1 night off of cpap.....feel great! duece12345 6 537 10-31-2016 08:55 AM
Last Post: robysue
  I Feel So Dumb - Climateline Hose Violetskyye 14 879 10-08-2016 11:15 PM
Last Post: Violetskyye
  Insomnia getting worse 3 months into therapy baconjurer 3 521 10-05-2016 11:50 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
  MAOI/antidepressant patient feeling worse with CPAP CPAPstruggler 15 1,961 10-05-2016 08:49 AM
Last Post: jbsix
  New AHI Low but Didn't Feel That Great holden4th 1 275 09-09-2016 04:59 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  I have gained 10 lbs and I never feel rested on cpap Lalae 18 1,064 09-08-2016 05:59 PM
Last Post: doll