Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feel worse, AHI the same
Feel worse, AHI the same
I feel worse now that when I was first diagnosed. My original sleep study showed AHI of 19 and 31 during REM sleep. 1 central, the rest obstructive.

My next titration study I only slept 1.5 hours because of mask issues, took 4 until I settled on Mirage Liberty. They set me at a constant 8, and said I did not respond any differently when they raised pressure any higher, I was still having hypopneas.

Came home on constant 8, was still having high AHI, and they changed it to a flex of 8-14.....but still no change. Always above 10.....Last night my AHI was 20. (Had periodic breathing 0f 3-5% when I was at Constant 8....now my periodic breathing is usually 0, although last night it was 3%)

I FEEL WORSE than when this whole thing started, I am so tired during the day!

I adjusted to my mask well, use it all night.....have no leaks. I snore less on the flex setting (I would snore EVERY night on 8) but my AHI still not budging.

How long do I wait to adjust to the flex setting of 8-14? It's been almost 2 weeks with no change.

What would my next step be??

I only have an ipad, I am awaiting shipment of a computer so I can download software and maybe look at my own info on the disk.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feel worse, AHI the same
Welcom Daisylouu,
Can you look at your display on your machine and tell us what your 90% pressure reading has been for days 1, 7, and 30? Trying to see if your 90% number is at 14 or close to that. Once your can Download sleepyhead, you will be able to see more data and post some images here for us to look at.

Also let us know what your leak rate is. Thanks.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes we'll need to see numbers so we don't just guess. Guessing is not helpful.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
while waiting for computer, hope you have gotten the cpap setup manual, so you'll know how to make adjustments on your own [in case you wish to].

you Wrote:above 8 "still having hypopneas."

hypopneas can be either obstructive or responsive (driven by central nervous system.)

Hope to hear from you what the 90% pressure is. This would tailor my guess and prediction.

QAL

guessing may not be helpful, but it is fun.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please.

Guessing can be very helpful. It can help you think outside the box, for one thing. Guessing, or proposing something not thought through, is critical to creative thinking and problem solving, even when the guess is wrong. The iPhone did not appear because everyone at Apple was afraid to hazard a guess. Crossword puzzles are often solved by guessing (at least the ones on the internet that tell you when a letter is wrong); if you guess, you know what letters work and what letters don't, and even if only some letters in a guess are correct, or if none are, that can help you find the actual solution. So of course, guessing can be helpful.

But (and you knew there was a "but" coming) a guess should be regarded as a guess, and not scripture. If you can't tell the difference, that will not be helpful at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
My 90% is always 14. Please guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
What does that 90% mean? That I'm at the max 90% of the time?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2015, 02:19 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote: Please.

Guessing can be very helpful. It can help you think outside the box, for one thing. Guessing, or proposing something not thought through, is critical to creative thinking and problem solving, even when the guess is wrong. The iPhone did not appear because everyone at Apple was afraid to hazard a guess. Crossword puzzles are often solved by guessing (at least the ones on the internet that tell you when a letter is wrong); if you guess, you know what letters work and what letters don't, and even if only some letters in a guess are correct, or if none are, that can help you find the actual solution. So of course, guessing can be helpful.

But (and you knew there was a "but" coming) a guess should be regarded as a guess, and not scripture. If you can't tell the difference, that will not be helpful at all.

Sure, guessing at something iPhone related or a puzzle is one thing. But neither an iPhone nor a puzzle will assist you with sleep apnea. May help you fall asleep if it is a boring puzzle though Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2015, 05:11 PM)Daisylouu Wrote: What does that 90% mean? That I'm at the max 90% of the time?

"90%" means that 90% of the time your pressure was at 14 or less (minimum to 14) and 10% of the time your pressure was at 14 or above. If it is not set to go higher than 14 then 10% of the time you were at max pressure of 14.

Post Reply Post Reply
Foundational questions
What was OP's total RDI diagnostic?
What was OP's total AHI diagnostic?
Also, I don't understand her titration comments. It would be good to see the titration study and charts, if they met the guidelines. A person must sleep to have a valid titration.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 196 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 243 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 91 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 183 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 590 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 329 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.