Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feel worse, AHI the same
RE: Feel worse, AHI the same
(07-14-2015, 03:50 AM)Daisylouu Wrote: Thank you so much. I'm getting there understanding some terms but VERY frustrated at life in general, I truly never heard of anyone having issues. People got cpap, it helped, the end. I also didn't know there were choices of machines! They just gave me mine, the end. I slept on a recliner last night to see if position would help, but my ahi was 15. Ugh!

Daisylouu,
Did you make the adjustments to your settings? Believe me, what you are experiencing is not uncommon. For a small minority of folk, your statement "People got CPAP, it helped, the end" may be true, but for the rest of us, it takes some commitment to make it work. The DME's bottom line is profit, they aren't there to offer much help. Most doctors (not all) just prefer you blindly follow their direction
without questioning anything. So it's up to you to learn all you can. I think you know that and that's why you've come here.

If you haven't already done so, get the clinical manual for your machine, and download sleepyhead software when you can.

Most important, don't give up.
Okay
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 227 4 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 184 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 330 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.