Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feel worse
RE: Feel worse
(02-26-2013, 02:49 PM)loudnoise1 Wrote: my CPAP therapist knows about my deviated septum but didn't give me any info regarding the need for the full mask...and boy for the past month I can hardly breathe through my nose at all so you ca imagine how difficult it's been for me to try to get used to the mask. You are all so knowledgeable and I fear I am not being taken care of properly from the supplier of my CPAP and Oxygen company. Neither of the therapist gave me much info. I have continued to tell them my difficulties and concerns but with little back from them.

Unfortunately, many of us have had similar experiences with the Respiratory Salesologists at the brick and mortar Durable Medical Equipment establishments. Fortunately we have Apnea Board so we can all help each other out.

Quote:What I fear most is that I am not going to make the 30 days in a row/4hours a day deadline for Medicare to pay for my machine and I don't have the $$ to pay for it..dos anyone know if the time-frame can be adjusted because of my problems using the machine???

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Medicare's usage compliance stated that the machine had to be used for 4 hours or more for 70% of the days in any 30 day period sometime within the first 90 days. This would mean that the minimum would be a 30 day period where the machine was used for 21 days for 4 hours. Hopefully someone will correct me on this if I am wrong. If I'm right, then maybe 21 out of 30 days will be a little easier to do than 30 days in a row. Of course, your health depends on you getting to the point where you use the machine almost all of the time when you sleep - and you will be doing yourself a favor to get to the point where you won't even consider taking a nap without it unless there are extreme unforseen circumstances, but I understand that it might take a while to get everything sorted out and working well.

Post Reply Post Reply
I feel for you, Loudnoise.
It's like finding a good car mechanic. Some sleep clinics are stellar, and some are nothing but Bozos that take all your money.

I can't afford health care insurance, I'm too young for Medicare, make too much money for Medicaid.
I had to save up my pennies and dimes and buy my own equipment over a period of months.
The rest of my sleep gear, I had make myself.
The most help I got was reading things here and tips from friends that are using CPAP as well.

BTW, I learned some new tid-bits too in this thread! Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I am so pleased that so many of you have been so kind to reply to my problems...thank you all. I am going to contact my therapy person and question her about a few things I have learned on this site, thanks to so many of you wonderful people. I just got up and turned machine off because I can't breathe at all out of my nostrils tonight....of course right deviated one rarely gets air anyway. This is why I can't get my hours in that I need. I have used it for nap time but rarely sleep but I am trying every day to do what I can. If true about needing full mask so I can breathe with my mouth too, then this is why I'm failing right now...I need my mouth LOL! I am inspired by you all and will go back and use my mask as long as I can again...but not getting more than a few hours sleep is catching up with me. God Bless and have a good night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Take heart loudnoise,
Perhaps the full face mask can hold you over until you get the septum fixed,
Or if you decide against the surgery you can rely on the FFM as a mainstay.

With some persistance you can get through the trial & fitting and even get used to it over time if need be.

You have options! Options are always good.

Cheers! & good luck!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 223 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 246 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 183 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 330 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.