Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feel worse
RE: Feel worse
Hi loudnoise1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I encourage you to stik with CPAP therapy, it can take time to get used to.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Breathing air in from a machine isn't natural. Of course starting out we all go thru this period of adjustment. After a while, once you start to feel the benefits, you will look forward to this unnatural event. But it takes time and lots of patience.

I wish I can be more encouraging (maybe others can do it a bit better), but hang in there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm beginning my third month. It was a challenge when I started. Now, I actually look forward to going to bed. I feel so much better the next day I don't know why I waited so long to get my instrument. Hang in there, it will get better.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can't stand wearing the mask, get out of bed first, take off the mask, and turn off the machine.

Do not go back to bed until you're ready to put the mask back on and use the machine again.

You can get your 4 hours a day wearing the machine while awake reading or watching TV.

Please tell us what CPAP machine you have and what mask you're using. We may be able to give you more help if we know this.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2013, 06:58 PM)GaryG Wrote: Breathing air in from a machine isn't natural.

Because computers are a human invention, using them also isn't natural. What's your point? Unless we go back swinging from the trees and eating bananas (which I am allergic to) then very little of what we do is natural except eating, sleeping (without CPAP) and sex.
So in keeping with our unnatural state of being, breathing air in from a machine to sustain your life may not be natural but it is human and good enough for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Dying from not breathing while asleep is natural.

Using a CPAP to breathe while sleeping may not be natural, but it beats the alternative.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
I appreciate all of the advice you have so kindly given me. I have yet been able to sleep though using the CPAP...over six weeks now, so I have not used the mask more than four hours. When I take the mask off I fall asleep in about half an hour. I continue to get pain in my sinuses and get a headache. I have it turned down to four which I was told to do. If I don't have thirty days of four hours my insurance isn't going to pay for it and I will have to return machine which concerns me because I do want to keep trying. I think I will have to call my physician. I have been trying your suggestions but with no progress. Not giving up yet
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2013, 07:38 PM)Ugly Wrote:
(02-24-2013, 06:58 PM)GaryG Wrote: Breathing air in from a machine isn't natural.

Because computers are a human invention, using them also isn't natural. What's your point?

I think he's pointing out that it's something your body and brain may take some time getting adjusted to.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2013, 08:39 PM)archangle Wrote:
(02-25-2013, 07:38 PM)Ugly Wrote:

Because computers are a human invention, using them also isn't natural. What's your point?

I think he's pointing out that it's something your body and brain may take some time getting adjusted to.
Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. Thanks for clarifying.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2013, 08:32 PM)loudnoise1 Wrote: [color=#0000CD]

I appreciate all of the advice you have so kindly given me. I have yet been able to sleep though using the CPAP...over six weeks now, so I have not used the mask more than four hours. When I take the mask off I fall asleep in about half an hour. I continue to get pain in my sinuses and get a headache.
Have you tried other masks? I know I had to go thru several until I found one that I felt comfortable with. You shouldn't "force" yourself to get used to a specific mask. You need to try others.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 223 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 246 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 183 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 330 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.