Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling BAd
I feel for ya'. I'm allergic to ACE inhibitors so I have been prescribed a combination of Hydralazine and Clonidine. Their side effects almost make you prefer a "vapor lock" to the side effects they produce. Nausea is one of the more common side effects of Hydralazine.

Here is a link to its side effects:
http://www.drugs.com/sfx/hydralazine-side-effects.html

I hope you start feeling better big guy!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2015, 11:40 AM)justMongo Wrote:
(05-21-2015, 11:31 AM)DocWils Wrote:
(05-21-2015, 11:02 AM)justMongo Wrote: As I think about, I started feeling this way after the doc added hydrazine, an alpha blocker.
I needed a 5th med for systolic BP control.

I cannot say anything reliably without seeing your charts, but I would suggest that if you look at alternatives for systolic control, such as lisitril or other possible methods. Hydralizine can have some uncomfortable side effects and needs a beta-blocker to make it a bit more comfortable.

Have the Beta blocker: Metoprolol Tartrate, 25 mg T.I.D.
Also have an ACE inhibitor: Enalapril 20 mg B.I.D.
Plus: Lasix and Norvasc.

I have been on the same regimen for some years: the hydalazine was a recent addition. Tried Catapress -- no joy.

Norvasc has long been my heavy hitter. My systolic may be up since I developed a flow murmur from the aortic valve.

Yes, my GP is my quarterback. I route all info through him. He is my only prescriber. Whenever I see a physician, I come in with my meds list, my allergies, my conditions, and a list of all physicians who attend to me.

Okay, bring this to your quarterback, see if there is a way around this. In the meantime, bananas are not the worst idea in the world, so make like a Minion, and B-A-N-A-N-A-A-A-A-Aaaaaaaaaa
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi justMongo,
I hope you get to feelin' better, soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

In case you didn't see my other post on the B12 post, metoprolol will or can affect your vit d (hopefully you are taking vit d3; can't remember what or if you posted that in the other thread)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2015, 12:57 AM)me50 Wrote: In case you didn't see my other post on the B12 post, metoprolol will or can affect your vit d (hopefully you are taking vit d3; can't remember what or if you posted that in the other thread)

Yes, I take 2000 units of D3 per day. Yet, I remain deficient at 19 ng/ml. It was suggested by a friend that I take fermented cod liver oil.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know about the fermented cod liver oil but you can't stop taking metoprolol and that is going to reduce your vitamin D or can reduce your vitamin D

how much vitamin d3 do you take per day
Post Reply Post Reply

I take 2000 units per day.

yes, I must continue the metoprolol as it lowers my heart rate; and controls V-tach that sometimes comes in triplets.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2015, 11:02 AM)justMongo Wrote: As I think about, I started feeling this way after the doc added hydrazine Hydralazine, an alpha blocker.

Hydrazine - the real nasty stuff they use to power the emergency power unit on the F-16. If there was a hydrazine leak on the flight line it would clear half the line.

I have been told by several docs and nutritionists, that potato skins actually have more potassium than bananas. And you can put all sorts of good stuff on them - like cheese, bacon, chives, bacon, sour cream, bacon... Banana for breakfast and skins for dinner. There is a good video on how to peel a banana. You actually do it from the bottom like monkeys do. It actually works quite well.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2015, 11:42 AM)Homerec130 Wrote: There is a good video on how to peel a banana. You actually do it from the bottom like monkeys do. It actually works quite well.

Homer

I thought everybody did it that way.
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-22-2015, 11:42 AM)Homerec130 Wrote:
(05-21-2015, 11:02 AM)justMongo Wrote: As I think about, I started feeling this way after the doc added hydrazine Hydralazine, an alpha blocker.

Hydrazine - the real nasty stuff they use to power the emergency power unit on the F-16. If there was a hydrazine leak on the flight line it would clear half the line.

I have been told by several docs and nutritionists, that potato skins actually have more potassium than bananas. And you can put all sorts of good stuff on them - like cheese, bacon, chives, bacon, sour cream, bacon... Banana for breakfast and skins for dinner. There is a good video on how to peel a banana. You actually do it from the bottom like monkeys do. It actually works quite well.

Homer

Raw potato skins, yes, cooked, not so much. And there are a lot of other reasons to avoid potato skins, or potatoes, and you listed a few - CALORIES in all the extras you put on it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Feeling Guilty. PollCat 14 1,876 03-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Last Post: herbm
  That Awesome Feeling Schnauzers 5 1 881 05-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Last Post: DocWils