Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling Bad Over Good Scores: Help Please
RE: Feeling Bad Over Good Scores: Help Please
Hydrangea,
Please share the names of the masks that did a better job venting for you. I'm not in love with the ResMed F30. My experience is that it seals and is quiet for 3 or 4 nights, then leaks the next night, and I've done nothing to it. Last night it leaked at a  4 or 5 ALL night long. Needless to say, today is a zombie kind of day.
Thank you,
Tired One
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2020, 12:29 PM)TiredOne789 Wrote: Hydrangea,
Please share the names of the masks that did a better job venting for you. I'm not in love with the ResMed F30. My experience is that it seals and is quiet for 3 or 4 nights, then leaks the next night, and I've done nothing to it. Last night it leaked at a  4 or 5 ALL night long. Needless to say, today is a zombie kind of day.
Thank you,
Tired One

Sadly, ALL the other masks I've tried have vented better than the P10 and F20/F30-with-quiet-elbow.  I've used the following: Brevida (without the quiet cover), Dreamwear cushions, Nuance Pro, Wisp, & Amara View.

Oh, I recently tried the N30, but it vented as poorly as the P10 and F20/F30. Those all give me nightmares of being killed - so my brain is obviously telling me something - and all day afterward I had headaches, severe fatigue, and I feel toxic.

I settled on Brevida for the longest time.  (Without the quiet cover.  Because the quiet cover doesn't allow enough venting, and I get the same symptoms as with the P10 and F20/F30-with-quiet-elbow.) But I am bothered by the streaming of vented air - it disturbs my sleep almost as badly (just without the nighmares about being killed).  So in desparation, I've modified my P10 by poking holes in the ventilation mesh... and now I'm sleeping wonderfully!
Post Reply Post Reply
My you've been through quite a lot. . . and a lot of masks. Have you posted a picture of your customized P10? (Can you post a link?) I may have to revisit my old P10 wearing my cervical collar, and the tongue trick. I've changed my minimum pressure and EPR settings, so I'm anxious to see how tonight goes.
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's last night's report after changing the minimum pressure to 7 and the EPR to 2. I was awake at 4:45 a.m. and was lying in bed trying to go back to sleep, so do those "clear aways" really count? My flow limits are better. I feel better this morning.

Thanks for your input.

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you change the EPR Setting from 2 to 3 during your break in therapy, around 1:00 a.m.?

It looks like FL is down a little.

I wouldn't give much thought to the CA's during the early morning hours as you stated you were awake.
Try staying with current setting for another day or two.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In adding EPR at 2 you reduced the 95% flow limitations in half from 0.23 to 0.14. Flow limits represent upper airway resistance or partial obstruction, so this is significant progress. The central apnea events while you were awake in the morning are not a problem or even real. They can occur from changing position or being in a transitional sleep or awake state, and we hold our breath from time to time all day. I think you results were actually pretty good, and we can't draw any conclusions other than the flow limitations are improved. Your obstructive events went from two OA to two H events. I would like to see you continue with the minimum pressure of 7.0 and EPR at 2 for a while longer to see how things settle out. I guess that means I agree with Rose.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the prompt feedback. I continue to feel better today. I did not change the EPR to 3 at 1 a.m. when I got up to take a bathroom break. I will stay at these settings (7 minimum and 2 EPR) for a few more days and see how I do.
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
After changing my EPR to 2 and minimum pressure to 7 on Oct. 21, I am now experiencing Cheyne Stokes Respiration events. First one on Nov. 4. They appear to be clusters of obstructive events. Last night was the 4th night of events. 10.53. I did not sleep with the cervical collar to see if that helped. It did not. See post below. (Note, the Flow Rate chart is missing. Don't know what happened.)

On Nov. 2, I think my mask and collar were too tight and I experienced a very bad headache and stiff neck the next day. Was seeing patterns of lights, so had that checked out to make certain, no retina tears. I go to my primary care doctor tomorrow. He recommended me to contact the pulmonary doctor. Pulmonary doctor can't see me until 11/24. I see Lincare technician today. Advice please. My scores used to be good. Help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The clusters of Obstructives are clearly positional, either sleeping on your back (or side) and allowing your chin to drop down to your chest.  This cuts off your air supply and causes these clusters.  

The cervical collar is needed or anything that helps you from chin tucking.  You may also be using a bed pillow that is too tall. This can also tilt your head into a forward position.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

What is showing on your graph doesn't follow the pattern of Cheyenne Stokes.  If you could post another graph with the flow rate graph for the entire night and also show a 2 minute segment around that same time.
Usually CSR will show a waxing and waning pattern with Clear Airways.  

Find the Flow Rate chart and Pin it, like you did with the events graph.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know how to find the Flow Rate. It just disappeared a few days ago. I just selected the standard feature under View. Flow Rate isn't there. Can you or someone else give me more instructions. I sleep on a flat cpap pillow and last night without a cervical collar. I've experienced these events with the collar, too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 1 48 15 minutes ago
Last Post: jake79
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep arturg 4 148 5 hours ago
Last Post: arturg
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 341 11 hours ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 134 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 783 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 365 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 123 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.