Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling Good - First Week
Smile 
Feeling Good - First Week
I've been on the new machine and mask for a week now, and I am doing far better now than I ever was with my my old machine. It's a lot of little things, more continuous sleep hours, far fewer bio breaks (usually 1 per night, sometimes none), more awake in the morning, and no dozing in the evening watching the TV. After lots of adjustments with the mask straps, I can sleep in almost any position, with being on my left side being predominant. My AHI is now the lowest its ever been, and it now seems to becomming more stable as time goes on. I have attached last nights graph, will be interested in your observations.

It was suggested that I go to auto, not sure i understand the differences from my current setting. Also, I'm not sure if changes are somehow verboten (or not a good idea) during that 21 day compliance phase that I am in....

Thanks, Henri

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feeling Good - First Week
Usage is all that matters for compliance, settings do not matter.
The Medical Gods don't feel a user has the knowledge to change their settings. It is not illegal. RT's and DME's cannot change settings except under a doctor's order, you, however, do not have that restriction.

I would not chase numbers as your numbers are excellent and you are improving doing fine. I would leave all as is. Why argue with success?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi.  Welcome to the forum!

Chart looks good.

"Why argue with success?"

I am really biased to completely agree with all the Bonjour said (which is a pretty safe bet).

The only thing I will say is that from this one day I am not sure you need to use all the pressure.   If you do any setting change at all I might drop your fixed EPAP .4 (4/10ths) of a cmH20 once every three nights to see:
  • How low you can go on pressure without increasing your AHI with any significance
  • If those few CAs go away.  

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nite, and yesterday, a 'new' thing popped up, a PB at around 0300. The earlier break in the graph at ~ 250 was a bio break. Now I'm not totally sure what the significance with PB is. Both times they were about the same duration. Also, what are the little dips in pressure that are occurring at hourly intervals?
Other than that I am sleeping well, and waking up very rested.
Thanks, Henri

Post Reply Post Reply
So we can take a closer look can you post 4 two minute charts that give us a closer look at the three CAs and the Obstructive Apnea in time frame in the screenshot you posted? 

If you can squeeze these charts in this order into that top level screenshot:
  • Event Flags
  • Flow Rate
  • Pressure
  • Flow Limit
  • Resp. Rate
  • Leak Rate
  • Snore (not important unless it shows a lot of activity)

This link describes how to create that top level screenshot.
 http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization 

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing in snore, here you go (hope i got it right......):

Post Reply Post Reply
Your PB is around 5 minutes so not to worry. It does signal that you are near your balance point from a pCO2 level in your blood. CO2 is a primary drive to breathe, not oxygen level. This is something to watch, not worry about. All in all looks good.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd agree with bonjour, just watch the data. There's no need to adjust anything. If this occurs more frequently, then action may be needed, but I don't suggest any setting edits for something that may be only a one time issue.

Enjoy the success! Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 70 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 104 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 146 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 484 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.