Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling Guilty.
Sad 
While looking for my supply of filters for the S9, I came across a drawer full of used hoses, masks, and pillows. I've always had a problem with throwing away things that might still be useful. Whistle Since the drawer wouldn't hold another hose, I was forced to throw them out, but it still seems wrong! oldman

I am curious if other members have, or had, similar problems getting rid of old cpap supplies.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have!
I think because I grew up not having much and learned at an early age to be thankful for what I have, and not to waste things.
So, if I have to discard a nasal pillow or other part, instead I put it in a drawer like you, then find it later and realize I can't use them. Then I get rid of said part feeling guilty!
Unsure
OpalRose

Oh..PollCat,
Is this a Poll???
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2015, 10:10 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Oh..PollCat,
Is this a Poll???

Laugh-a-lot I actually had that same thought as I was creating this thread, but decided not to antagonize the membership. Besides most members never respond to the polls anyway. Whistle
Post Reply Post Reply

I like to have a spare of everything. Nothing worse than getting ready to strap in; and finding an equipment problem.
Filters and mask cushions -- I like to have a bunch.
At least one spare hose. I used the standard 2 meter 22cm hose. One spare tank.
I also save the headgear clips since they only come with a complete mask.
I keep a spare headgear -- even if it's previously used.
Space limits how much I can hoard. I even have my S8 as a backup. Which reminds me, I need the clinician manual for that -- the pressure would need to be adjusted up.

Time to clean my tank and hose!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, definately should be a poll:

"What to do with all your old stuff that will not fit in the drawer any longer."

1. Throw it away.

2. Get a bigger drawer.

3. Ask the little Mrs. if she has an idea where you can put all that stuff.

4. Melt it down into one larger blob, then put it back in the drawer.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2015, 12:41 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Yes, definately should be a poll:

"What to do with all your old stuff that will not fit in the drawer any longer."

1. Throw it away.

2. Get a bigger drawer.

Aren't you a bit afraid of what she might say to #3?
Post Reply Post Reply

(03-11-2015, 12:41 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Yes, definately should be a poll:

1. Throw it away.

2. Get a bigger drawer.

retired_guy,
I have a feeling that Mrs. retired_guy would not be happy to find a large blob in drawer!
Too-funny
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2015, 12:51 PM)OpalRose Wrote: retired_guy,
I have a feeling that Mrs. retired_guy would not be happy to find a large blob in drawer!
Too-funny
OpalRose

I dunno... You may be right. Just this morning I woke up when I heard her complaining to a friend about a large blob in the bed. I got out of bed and looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am a packrat (not a hoarder but definitely a packrat.) My wife is too.

We have bought another home and are spending MONTHS throwing away all the extra stuff we don't need.

One decision I had to make was to "just throw it away" and not try to give or sell it. That would have taken YEARS.

We have a 15 cubic yard dumpster over 2/3 full of mostly BOOKS. You remember those things from school perhaps? We had something like 3000-5000 books here at one time. There were probably more than 2000 remaining when we started this moving process.

(I have been a computer guy for the past 30 years and had a monthly book bill on the order or $150 or more for most of those years. Now most of what I want is online or available as an epub.)

My word for the quarter is: "RUTHLESS". It's the only way.

We are hoping to return the dumpster this week (or next <sigh>) and get on with the real packing and moving.

Oh, and yes, I have about 6 heated Resmed hoses , and also 3 P10s that really need to be tossed out (the puppy tried to modify them.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Your threw away BOOKS, herb?? Huhsign I donated all of my books to the local library and got a hefty tax write-off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling BAd justMongo 23 2,579 05-22-2015, 04:25 PM
Last Post: surferdude2
  That Awesome Feeling Schnauzers 5 1 941 05-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Last Post: DocWils