Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dishwasher safe?
Dishwasher safe?
I was told not to put anything in the dishwasher but I was wondering if anyone has?

Mostly interested in sticking the water bowl from the H5i in the dishwasher every once in awhile.

anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dishwasher safe?
Resmed offers two versions of the H5i water chamber. One has a stainless steel bowl and is dishwasher safe (black seal). The other has an aluminium bowl - yellow seal, blue on older models - raw aluminium should never be put in the dishwasher. Dishwasher detergents are more caustic and oxidize aluminum.

OMyMy
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you can put it in the dishwasher. Top rack. And of course not the "pots and pans" cycle. I don't use the heat dry option. I take it out as soon as the cycle is done, do a cool rinse, and put on counter to dry.

The take-apart ones should be just fine. They the cheaper version isn't dishwasher safe but I'm a rebel and do it anyway.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2013, 07:43 PM)ypeels Wrote: I was told not to put anything in the dishwasher but I was wondering if anyone has?

Mostly interested in sticking the water bowl from the H5i in the dishwasher every once in awhile.

anyone?

After researching quite a bit I found that there are actually two "water chambers" for the H5i that come apart. Go to Supplier #1 and use search terms "Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber for H5i Heated Humidifier" Look for the product images at the lower left corner of the product page, especially the exploded view showing the three parts (unlike the "standard" which has two).

The "standard" tub/chamber that comes with the H5i apparently uses different materials and you can't remove the gasket, which could be damaged by dishwasher detergent. The cleanable version has a center "plate" with the gasket and I don't think it's supposed to be put in the dishwasher. Also, my guess is that the metal in the standard version (probably aluminum) is perhaps more prone to pitting with harsh detergents.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dishwasher safe is a term used by US on-line suppliers
ResMed description ... standard tub/cleanable tub

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Are the Replacements Safe Keesh23 0 181 02-02-2024, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Keesh23
  Airsense 10 with modem safe from suppliers? HappySailor 3 803 07-02-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Is soft cervical collar safe to use? accetableplaintain 4 1,062 06-26-2022, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad What glue is safe to use on nasal masks? go2sleep 8 5,301 06-25-2022, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Skin Safe Memory Foam Tape? Jdubb 0 745 12-13-2021, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Jdubb
  Earplugs safe to use with CPAP? vroomvroom 8 3,630 11-04-2021, 07:14 PM
Last Post: CyberSpiff
  Oscar 1.3.0 vs. Microsoft Defender Safe Screen saltydawg2 4 781 10-19-2021, 05:49 AM
Last Post: saltydawg2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.