Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling Sleepy
Feeling Sleepy
my first week on the cpap was a raging success except for one night that i couldn`t get a proper seal on my mask.woke up feeling on top of the world with energy to burn.turned the machine up from 7cm to 8cm when my wife complained of me snoring one night,no snoring since.

now into the second week, i`m waking up tired & have bugger all energy.anyone have suggestions as to what`s going on ?

many thanks
jason
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feeling Sleepy
Jason, it happens to most people normally it is only one or two days, it is because you have been so sleep and oxygen deprived you get the sudden burst of oxygen you body has been craving. Lots of people get it straight after the tritation as well. Now you body is starting to heal, it will come back over time as long as you stick with it, it took me about 3 months to feel it fully. I still occasionally have times when I feel tired during the day even after 2years of CPAP but you have to keep telling yourself how bad it was before you started CPAP and you have had a taste of how good it will be, don't panic and just keep doing what your doing.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the reply tez,i do have other contributing factors,cystic fibrosis,which sleep apnea is very common in & i have been battling poor health since february.

i just found it very unusual to feel better straight away & then feel like crap the second week.

i will definitely be sticking with it
Post Reply Post Reply
What F&P machine are you using? you can monitor your own data with data capable machine and will gives you and your doctor an idea if the therapy is optimal or any adjustment is needed
Post Reply Post Reply
it`s the F & P hc221,not data capable. i`m going back for a titration study in 4 weeks as my current settings are from 7 years ago
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2013, 10:12 PM)condohk69 Wrote: it`s the F & P hc221,not data capable. i`m going back for a titration study in 4 weeks as my current settings are from 7 years ago

I didn't realise you had other illness's and needed titration, something else may come of that possibly your pressure may need raising, keep us updated.
Post Reply Post Reply
will do tez.i`m interested in getting the results of the titration to see if any changes are needed.

the cystic fibrosis mainly affects the lungs so any help they can get from the cpap is a bonus
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2013, 10:12 PM)condohk69 Wrote: it`s the F & P hc221,not data capable. i`m going back for a titration study in 4 weeks as my current settings are from 7 years ago
If looking to update and avoid local rip-off prices .... both suppliers #2 and #10 ship outside US
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Machines choices http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Post Reply Post Reply
thanks zonk but finances are very tight so will be sticking with the old banger that i have
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 325 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 306 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 545 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,085 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.