Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling Worse
Feeling Worse
I was prescribed a CPAP not for apnea but I have a partially paralyzed diaphragm. I have now used the machine for three nights. I haven't felt this exhausting ever. I am wiped out when I get up. Feel exhausted, slightly confused and if I was hit by a bus. When I look at my report everything is a smiley green face. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I know how to get into the clinical menu if need be. A trip to the MD is a real pain time wise and there is someone out there that probably know as much or more.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feeling Worse
Rowdy1,
Your machine might be data capable.  Please check your model with this link to see if it is:
https://sleep.tnet.com/cmd.mfg

If it is data capable, check to see if it has a SD card supplied.  Newer models of your machine are being distributed without one.  If you need a SD card, any SD card 2Gb or larger will work.  Next, download #SleepyHead (link embedded in the name) and obtain data on your sleep sessions.  You will need to have the SD card in the machine before it will record detailed sleep information.  Only summary data is stored in the machine.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you get a copy of your sleep report, to see if they tried bipap with the paralyzed diaphragm.
I would report back to the doctor

The sleepyhead chart will show your lung volume and minute flow and breathing rate. That may give an indication on how it is going.

Are you using the EPR to try to make breathing easier for now. the clinical settings manual
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Your condition suggests that a bilevel machine may be more appropriate to provide more of the breathing effort for you. Unfortunately, I think you have the Airsense 10 CPAP which is a brick. Your only option is to let the doctor's office know something is not working. Next time around, you must get a data capable machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have one lung that does not pump much. I have found that upping the min pressure and maxing out the  EPR is my best setting.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 272 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 212 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 5 398 03-14-2024, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 308 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 282 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 773 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,958 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.