Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling air blowing near my nasal pillow
Feeling air blowing near my nasal pillow
My machine seems to have no problem keep a preasure...but lately ive started to feel a l slight blowing of air around my nasal pillow...is this normal? It finds well as far as i can tell...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feeling air blowing near my nasal pillow
Where is the air coming from? There should be air exiting the vent on pillows and nasal masks or you'd need to exhale through your mouth.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From my experience, leakage is a sign that it is time to replace the pillow.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a vent at the front of that mask. The mesh does a pretty good job of keeping that air quiet and not directly blowing away from the mask, but it is noticeable. The P10 had problems with the diffusion mesh becoming clogged, and I have noticed more recent masks flow a bit more air.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So is it broken or not? Lol Smile One poster says replace other says its normal?
Post Reply Post Reply
My last 3 days is here...is m CPAP working? AM I getting good sleep? I cantmake heads or tails of this. It doesnt look like i have anyleak?

https://imgur.com/zgXx2O3
https://imgur.com/JbD2czr
https://imgur.com/dr87u7r
Post Reply Post Reply
The Max leak rate listed for 4/5 was 27.x and 4/6 at 32.x. This represents over the 24 L/min ResMed redline, so there is a leak issue to work on.

Are you getting good sleep? That's for you to answer. It's subject to are you rested, are you feeling better for the therapy. The OSCAR numbers tell us whether or not therapy is doing its job, hitting the medically treated targets, but you subjectively need to answer if you feel it is doing a good or bad job.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My mask leaks a bit, a nasal mask, and it's now 3 years and 3 months old.  I have found that the head gear straps 'let go' a bit over time.  I currently have mine quite a bit more turned up onto the velcro than they were the first year.  Oddly, my cushion seems as good as new.  It has it's original shape, hasn't gotten flimsy, doesn't appear to have micro-tears around the periphery of the seal rim, and it still looks the same, no discoloration.  

Looking at your first chart only, I see some minor leakage, probably not more than what a good many have for short periods during the night.  As we move about, our pillow moves, changes shape, and we will find our cushions being displaced a bit or being deformed, often some of both.  It's little wonder we get some leakage.  What is unfortunate is that, if we generally don't leak, and we have sensitive skin, we'll be aroused by air flitting across the tiny hairs and generating sensations that are not normal.

I sleep with my hands curled under my chin, me turned on my side.  As a side sleeper, you can bet my mask has to move around.  But, my arm hairs tickle my face, often just when I'm about to pass out.  As I fall asleep, I believe I sag a bit as I lose tone, and the hairs dig into the skin or rub across it.  Wakes me up. The bleeding air from under our masks does the same thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys! As long as the AHI is low is it fine?
Also how do you have a 3 year old mask? Arent you supposed to replace monthly???
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as you've got good numbers and feel better for using the PAP then you're OK.

Most masks and other consumable parts last longer than DME's suggest in replacement times. Much like 3k oil changes, it generates money to someone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 317 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,859 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 325 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 306 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.