Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling bruised upper sinuses and under eyeballs?
Feeling bruised upper sinuses and under eyeballs?
Hi Pap'ers,
I've been somewhat absent due to the death of a laptop. Husband got me a Mac and now I have a whole new learning curve.

My numbers are starting to improve over the last couple weeks, after a period of the "worst numbers ever" (can you say ahi 17?)

I don't have graphs from last night cause I once again left card in computer. (Mac has the slot on the side, my sony had it in the front, so much easier to forget on the side)

Last night, I woke during the night, feeling really sore, almost bruised, in the upper cheek sinus areas and sort of under my eyeballs.

Anyone else felt this before? My avg pressure of late is about 12.8 or so.
I'm also thinking I'm starting to experience aerophagia though I hadn't noted such until now.

Is this bruised feeling just part of settling in to the levels that are getting me better numbers?

I've not changed my pressure range for a good 16 days now. I'm at 7.6-14 range.

Also, I'm not having rainout but I seem to be getting a giggly little couple drops of moisture in the tips of the nasal pillows. It is there as soon as I put them on, despite them being totally dry. Last night I turned my humidity off totally and it might have helped that problem, but it left me...OH WAIT...maybe I'm answering my own question...could that bruised feeling come from no humidification??? My passages didn't seem particularly parched...

Thoughts?
Thanks in Advance,

The Manse Hen

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feeling bruised upper sinuses and under eyeballs?
Those feelings of being bruised are quite common for new Mac users. It's related to the brain damage caused by the reality distortion field.

----

I don't think I've heard of a lot of people getting this from CPAP, especially people who've used it for a month or so. It doesn't sound like typical effects of turning off the humidification, but it's possible.

It might be some sort of sinus or other problem unrelated to CPAP, so be careful to not ignore that possibility.

Are your eyes irritated or red?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Condolences on the loss of the laptop, but since you scored a new Mac, you probably should smash your watch next.

I think you Trigeminal Neuralgia condition may make you more sensitive to a lack of humidity. I have certainly felt uncomfortable without the humidifier to the point it disrupted sleep. Fortunately not to the point it felt like being punched. I'd try to bring the moisture back online. It usually takes a while for condensation to appear at the mask, and its early appearance makes me suspect either the mask or hose was not as dry as you thought. I do use a fleece cover on my heated hose, and it makes things more comfortable. Have never experienced rain-out.

G'luck Manse. Welcome to the advisory group.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2015, 09:02 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: G'luck Manse. Welcome to the advisory group.

How does the Advisory thing happen? I noticed that on my profile as well....
Post Reply Post Reply
Advisory membership is based on the number of posts you make on the Main forum. On the Apnea Forum Page you now have access to the "Staff Area", though you may have to scroll down to see it.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2015, 09:42 AM)PollCat Wrote: Advisory membership is based on the number of posts you make on the Main forum. On the Apnea Forum Page you now have access to the "Staff Area", though you may have to scroll down to see it.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
It's partially to do with post count, but members actually have to be approved based on being helpful, good forum citizenship and all that. It's not an automatic thing, but is recognition for contributions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2015, 02:25 AM)TheManseHen Wrote: Last night, I woke during the night, feeling really sore, almost bruised, in the upper cheek sinus areas and sort of under my eyeballs.

It sounds like you pixxed off your whatchacallit gland which is a big thing that hangs in between your jaw and your ear. Mine gets unhappy if my chinstrap is too tight, or back in the day when I used a mask that got too tight. In your case I suspect it is caused by one of the following:
1. You turned off your humidifier
2. You swallowed your new laptop.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2015, 11:44 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(03-11-2015, 02:25 AM)TheManseHen Wrote: Last night, I woke during the night, feeling really sore, almost bruised, in the upper cheek sinus areas and sort of under my eyeballs.

It sounds like you pixxed off your whatchacallit gland which is a big thing that hangs in between your jaw and your ear. Mine gets unhappy if my chinstrap is too tight, or back in the day when I used a mask that got too tight. In your case I suspect it is caused by one of the following:
1. You turned off your humidifier
2. You swallowed your new laptop.

English translation: whatchacallit gland = parotid gland.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parotid_gland
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
You all are a hoot! Okay, laptop disorientation, possible ingestion and whatchamacallit gland. Got it!

Nope, no red eyes, it's not air leakage.

Yes might be sinus thing, won't ignore.

Did put humidity back to no 1 level vs off. Off probably just "wrong" on so many levels.

Didn't re-occur last night.

The Hen
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 308 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 546 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,086 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.