Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling defeated...
RE: Feeling defeated...
(03-03-2018, 02:48 AM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 05:58 PM)MorningGirl Wrote: I'm so glad I joined the Forum! I am going to investigate downloading Sleepyhead again (I gave up when my computer rejected it, but I could certainly get help with that). Thanks to all for your great advice. Smile

To open sleepyhead on a mac after down loading right click and select open from the menu rather than just double clicking that will allow you to bypass Apple security for that application

Thank you! I think this is going to work...I'm waiting for it to open, but at least it's doing something!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Get shot of the doctor and go where you can get better care.
Is he a doctor or a quack?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, Lordy - I just downloaded Sleepyhead and imported my data (I hope I didn't corrupt my SD card, as I didn't see the warning about using it in a Mac until I had already done it..). I've attached a Word doc of the data. I had to look some stuff up because I didn't even know what it meant. Now I'm TOTALLY freaking out because my numbers are so unbelievably high, and the CHR thing and "time spent in apnea" numbers are especially disturbing. 

Should I even bother continuing? 

I've put in a call to my Boston oral surgeon asking for a referral so that I can find out if the apnea is related to my palatectomy/maxillectomy (messed-up soft palate and throat tissue resulting from the surgery...?). 

Sad

Oh - the doc changed my pressure to 9-16 yesterday. Forgot to say that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2018, 08:21 PM)MorningGirl Wrote: Oh, Lordy - I just downloaded Sleepyhead and imported my data (I hope I didn't corrupt my SD card, as I didn't see the warning about using it in a Mac until I had already done it..). I've attached a Word doc of the data. I had to look some stuff up because I didn't even know what it meant. Now I'm TOTALLY freaking out because my numbers are so unbelievably high, and the CHR thing and "time spent in apnea" numbers are especially disturbing. 

Should I even bother continuing? 

I've put in a call to my Boston oral surgeon asking for a referral so that I can find out if the apnea is related to my palatectomy/maxillectomy (messed-up soft palate and throat tissue resulting from the surgery...?). 

Sad

Oh - the doc changed my pressure to 9-16 yesterday. Forgot to say that.

YES, by all means you should continue! Don't freak out, just relax. Now that you've got Sleepyhead installed, once you can provide some proper charts, people can give advice on changing settings to hopefully make things better.

Read this: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Attach files: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Hang in there, and don't let your mind get you worried.
Post Reply Post Reply
All we need is a screenshot of the Daily Details. Use F12 to take the screenshot then upload it. Your Word file shows you are having incredible obstructive apnea at a pressure limited at 14 cm. You were at 4-14 and recently moved to 7-14. Your median pressure is nearly 12.5 and you have a maximum pressure of 14. Even with that your apnea is nearly 30 AHI nearly all obstructive! A view of your detailed chart may offer some better insights, but you are correct that these results are alarming.

Did you ever have a titration study? If not, insist that you need one. Considering your past surgical history, I'm not sure we can resolve your problems on the forum without a professional at least trying to resolve your obstructive apnea problem. This is serious, and you should be evaluated for a need for supplemental oxygen, as well as appropriate apnea treatment.

It's my impression that you are going to need bilevel treatment, however the people treating you are apparently negligent to not test you in a clinical environment to see what might work. You are not a candidate for self-titration. Please contact your doctor and request urgent prioritization for CPAP and BPAP titration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2018, 10:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: All we need is a screenshot of the Daily Details.  Use F12 to take the screenshot then upload it.  Your Word file shows you are having incredible obstructive apnea at a pressure limited at 14 cm.  You were at 4-14 and recently moved to 7-14.  Your median pressure is nearly 12.5 and you have a maximum pressure of 14.  Even with that your apnea is nearly 30 AHI nearly all obstructive!  A view of your detailed chart may offer some better insights, but you are correct that these results are alarming.

Did you ever have a titration study?  If not, insist that you need one.  Considering your past surgical history, I'm not sure we can resolve your problems on the forum without a professional at least trying to resolve your obstructive apnea problem.  This is serious, and you should be evaluated for a need for supplemental oxygen, as well as appropriate apnea treatment.

It's my impression that you are going to need bilevel treatment, however the people treating you are apparently negligent to not test you in a clinical environment to see what might work.  You are not a candidate for self-titration.  Please contact your doctor and request urgent prioritization for CPAP and BPAP titration.

Hi - I think I've managed to take a screenshot of last night's data, following the instructions on the Wiki page. Thanks for the help on that. I'm looking into better sleep physicians in the Northeast now -- Boston and New York are not far away. I'm incredibly worried.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2018, 07:11 AM)MorningGirl Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 10:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: All we need is a screenshot of the Daily Details.  Use F12 to take the screenshot then upload it.  Your Word file shows you are having incredible obstructive apnea at a pressure limited at 14 cm.  You were at 4-14 and recently moved to 7-14.  Your median pressure is nearly 12.5 and you have a maximum pressure of 14.  Even with that your apnea is nearly 30 AHI nearly all obstructive!  A view of your detailed chart may offer some better insights, but you are correct that these results are alarming.

Did you ever have a titration study?  If not, insist that you need one.  Considering your past surgical history, I'm not sure we can resolve your problems on the forum without a professional at least trying to resolve your obstructive apnea problem.  This is serious, and you should be evaluated for a need for supplemental oxygen, as well as appropriate apnea treatment.

It's my impression that you are going to need bilevel treatment, however the people treating you are apparently negligent to not test you in a clinical environment to see what might work.  You are not a candidate for self-titration.  Please contact your doctor and request urgent prioritization for CPAP and BPAP titration.

Hi - I think I've managed to take a screenshot of last night's data, following the instructions on the Wiki page. Thanks for the help on that. I'm looking into better sleep physicians in the Northeast now -- Boston and New York are not far away. I'm incredibly worried.

Thanks.

Try to stop worrying so much. Do something else to take focus OFF that particular worry and in another direction. I also have a brain that tends to do that to me, and I have to "put it down" to stop the thoughts that tend to give me anxiety and such.

You are still seeking proper help now that you KNOW there's an issue(s) that needs to be resolved, AND you are so much closer to finally getting proper treatment. Things WILL GET BETTER for you from now on. Just follow Sleeprider's advice, and take this back to your doctors. Force the issue if need be, and keep moving forward!

For now, go back to the "Use F12 to Take a Screenshot" section of the http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization and look carefully at the way the charts are placed. You can grab them and move them into the proper location so we can get everything we need on one screen. Please make those changes, and post another chart like you did above.

We need:

Event Flags
Flow Rate
Pressure
Leak Rate
Flow Limit
Post Reply Post Reply
I reordered the graphs and did the F12-to-take-screenshot thing again and have attached that. I am not sure if I'm doing it right or not, but here it is again. 45 AHI is mind-blowing when I compare it to other members' numbers! I'll be making phone calls first thing tomorrow morning to find someone in Boston who can help me. 

Thanks again for your help, everybody.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the rest of the data. I don't get how to make it all on one page. Sorry.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see your using the for her mode maybe your data will look better if you try the standard mode ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 325 3 hours ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 309 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 369 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 340 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 834 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 581 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,126 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.