Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling even more tired with bipap
RE: Feeling even more tired with bipap
Your current PS is 4, down from 4.6, and your min EPAP is 8, up from 4. I think this is consistent with what Dave and I were suggesting. I'd recommend that you stick with these settings for a while longer.

I suspect that as you sleep better, the CAs will come down because you will have fewer arousals. (Arousal breathing is deeper and can blow off enough CO2 to briefly reduce your drive to breathe. It's the arousal that's the real problem, not the CA.)

You had a small cluster of OAs, possibly cause by tucking your chin down toward your chest. If you had a lot of similar clusters, I'd recommend a soft cervical collar, but so far I don't see a reason to take that step.

Did you change the mask setting on your machine when you started trying the FFM? If not, no biggie, but do take care of that.

It's encouraging that you might be feeling better today. I hope the trend will continue. Keep us posted!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Feeling even more tired with bipap
I just saw Sleeprider's advice. Please follow it!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question 3 Months on CPAP, still tired despite Dr saying my apnea is controlled highwaystar86 27 954 3 hours ago
Last Post: Geer1
  AHI under 5, Good O2 level, still feel tired, sleepy in the morning dannyr 8 144 Yesterday, 10:51 AM
Last Post: dannyr
  [CPAP] Help understand what caused suffocation feeling AlamedaBeachBum 6 206 01-09-2022, 10:29 PM
Last Post: AlamedaBeachBum
  [CPAP] BIPAP to AIRMINI MMH1 17 374 01-07-2022, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Looking for some help - almost 5 years and not feeling a lot better happydreams 301 8,756 12-28-2021, 06:23 AM
Last Post: AmirKas
  Switched from APAP to BIPAP AmirKas 320 9,525 12-16-2021, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Geer1
Arrow AHI < 1.0 now, but still tired? Is it UARS, RERA, arousals or FL in your FR peaks? 2SleepBetta 53 5,995 12-15-2021, 06:55 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.