Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling exhausted
RE: Feeling exhausted
Churchon, please copy the link(s) on Imgur, and paste it in this thread.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: sAqwI3J.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 0FpOixq.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: gKAO2BU.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 0hdoDkQ.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 8mgRrrt.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 2saaLTg.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your sleep is very fragmented, no wonder you are feeling exhausted. xPAP cannot help when you are constantly getting up for hours at a time. What is it that's waking you and why do you keep getting up instead of going back to sleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
sometimes napping is the only way to get some of the restoration you deserve, and glad to see that in shorter bursts you are getting effective treatment. Your AHI and the restfulness are both independently important and can work together to get the total body recovery.

If you are like most (not all) then you will not get REM sleep until at least an hour after going to sleep. If you recall having dreams then you likely did achieve REM, especially if they were calm and collected (not nightmarish).

And, guess what, you usually have deep sleep before getting REM sleep and that is found to generally occur until the body needs less of deep sleep than it does of REM sleep.

Once again, if you fall asleep and dream before you wake, it is actually not as big a deal to have multiple continuous hours of sleep.

If you can only sleep in spurts, then sleep in spurts. And ask a doctor what she thinks about stretching the sleep periods out.

{Jun 10th is a good example of two long-enough periods of sleep, then later trying a couple 45 minute naps.}

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're right I'm having problems with my sleeping comfort the first set before I wake up seems to be fine but once I wake up I find it difficult to get back to sleep unless I change my position I was told that sleeping on my back was a bad idea but it seems the only way I get comfortable last night I did sleep on my back and I stayed asleep nobody event numbers went from 2.5  to 5.6
Is a half hour gap in between home just wondering is it harmful to sleep on my back then on my side?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 340 11 hours ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 364 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 3 263 03-29-2024, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 310 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 374 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 341 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 835 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.