Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling hopeless
RE: Feeling hopeless
ok thanks, I understand the pinching part and including only the graphs mentioned, but I dont understand the rest about a 3 minute zoomed in view of ca
Post Reply Post Reply
To zoom in, select a little bit of the chart that includes a CA and then use the Arrow Up and Down keys to get the length of segment that you want. You can also use Arrow Right and Left to get the CA positioned where you want. Then take a screenshot and post it in the way you posted your charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
    awesome, thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll be curious what others think, but I suspect you weren't completely asleep for most or all of this. Asleep breathing is pretty regular -- there's a little stretch off to the right in your screenshot that might be asleep breathing -- and awake breathing tends to be deeper and more chaotic-looking.

You got into a rough pattern of periodic breathing, with deeper breaths followed by CAs, then deeper breaths to recover from CAs, then those deeper breaths bringing on more CAs.

Deeper breathing, including awake breathing, can tend to wash out some CO2 from our blood, which reduces the "breath now" signal to the brain. We pause in our breathing until CO2 builds up again, then take a breath.

I'll be interested to see further analysis and some recommendations from the experts.
Post Reply Post Reply
The being awake part sounds about right. I have a bad back and 2 back surgeries. My back is acting up now and I have to sleep on the floor and toss and turn from side to back to side. Not a lot of good sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
    heres a closer 3-4 minute shot closer to me getting up. ive noticed way more ca on the backend of the night and towards me getting up. Alot of that may be me awake
Post Reply Post Reply
To me, your waveform looks acceptable. I will stand by my recommendations above, and wait to see a new night's data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I never followed my numbers other than the generic app my air until recently. I have no idea how long ive been dealing with CAs. Has anyone found they had to move to a asv machine instead of cpap/bipap? Im hoping I can get the ca under control
Post Reply Post Reply
    ok I think you have me on the right path. I didnt experience my first ca until about 8:30 this morning and then a ton of them. I dont think I was really asleep from 9:00 on. I was pretty much just laying there trying to get my back to quit hurting. I count about 12 OA up until 9:00. I bumped my lower pressure up to 10, increased trigger to very high and I did bump my ps from 4 back up to 4.6

the whole night. I was up at 4:30-5:30 to take a hydrocodone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice to see the stretch of better time. Crimson Nape's advice was very good!

Central apnea is associated with the use of hydrocodone and other opioid medications. That doesn't mean you should stop using it, but it does mean you should talk with the prescribing doctor about your central apnea events, in case the medication is contributing.

But it sounds to me as though you are not fully asleep during the CA periods. Does that continue to be your impression?

And I'm curious: why do you think you have so much leaking during these periods?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,975 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 308 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 548 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,088 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.