Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling hopeless
RE: Feeling hopeless
I dont take the hydrocone normally. This was the first time in months, back is that jacked up right now. I honestly think alot of my leaks when I have alot of the ca like at the end is me awake on my back. I really need to get in for a new mask fit, I have lost so much weight in my face that I think my mirage L is now to big. I have the straps pulled about as tight as I can and it slides around.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on the fact that you are experiencing elevated pain, I wouldn't mess with the settings for now. Since the pain's intensity will vary, all you will do is chase numbers. You are seeking a solution for an abnormal period. To paraphrase a great philosopher, "It ain't going to happen!". The higher CAs can be attributed to movement, and the breath inhale/holding that comes with experiencing a sharp pain.

As far as losing weight; I can attest that your mask size will change. To exaggerate, my large FFM, that used to be comfortable, now swallows my face whole.

Wait it out.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Makes sense. I’ll stick with the setting changes you recommended until the back settles down and I get several good nights of sleep. Definitely think your recommendations helped a lot, the first part of the night was pretty good
Post Reply Post Reply
As a sufferer of significant back pain, have you tried a tens unit. It gives me significant temporary relief from my back pain.

I us a iReliev TENS + EMS unit currently $75 on Amazon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yea, have one and doesn’t really help. Have had 2 lumbar laminectomies and have had 1 surgeon recommend a fusion. It flares up from time to time and I just have to be careful and it usually calms down. Got me some Cbd gummies, rather take those and use essential oils than the opioid route. I was desperate last night and took hydrocodone and it knocked me out for awhile
Post Reply Post Reply
The adjustments are working. Here is last nights data. Essentially 1 CA and 3 OA all night. I did have alot of UA what is that? I had a ton of leaks at that time aswell. I moved from floor to bed between 3:00 and 3:20.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at your complete night, that cluster of apneas coincides with positional orientation.  The UAs are Unclassified Apneas.  Your leak rate was so high that the CPAP couldn't determine what the breathing anomaly was.

Maintain the current course!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got the AHI down to 2.7, Definitely liking the adjustments. I think once my back calms down and Im able to get a really goodnights sleep, the numbers will be even better. Thanks so much for the recommendations on the setting adjustments. I noticed that I hit my max pressure a couple times during the night, but my overall time spent in apnea dropped to 3 minutes 12 seconds. It amazes me how one night I can deal with massive leaks and the next nearly none. It has to be due to the fact I toss and turn from side to back to side during the night. I know in the past my wife has woke me up because Id be on my back snoring with my mask on, that was predominately when I was alot heavier and dealt with more OA, those have come way down since Ive lost alot of weight.

Post Reply Post Reply
Havent updated in a while, I have discovered that most of my apneas is when Im on my back. If I stay on my side, Im keeping AHI under 1. I have enclosed a couple pics of last nights data, could someone explain flow limit and what I want that to be under? what would cause the spikes with no apneas?

Post Reply Post Reply
How rested are you feeling during the day? I ask because flow limitations matter for some people and don't matter for others.

FLs are just what they sound like: limitations on the flow-rate as you inhale that are short of obstructive hypopneas or apneas. Sometimes they are caused by something going on in the nose; in that case there's nothing much to do about them except fix the nose. But more often they're caused by laxness in the tissues lining the airway in the pharynx. When that's the case, greater pressure support can be of help.

Sometimes FLs can be seen in the flow rate graph as a flattening or dip at the top of the inhalation trace; sometimes they can be seen as a series of breaths that dwindle in amplitude. PS can help because it gives you a boost as you inhale, which helps push those lax tissues back and makes inhalation less effortful.

You could try increasing your PS very gradually -- .2 every week is what I'd recommend. You will also want to increase your max pressure to accommodate the PS increase. You want each increase to be comfortable, and you want to keep an eye out for unusual numbers of CAs and for aerophagia (excessive air in the digestive tract).

There's no particular level of FLs that is optimal for everyone. Many people would sleep just fine with your level of FLs, but maybe you'd sleep better if there were fewer. Only experimentation will give you the information you need.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 325 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 305 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 806 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 545 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,085 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.