Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling like I have to work hard to breathe
RE: Feeling like I have to work hard to breathe
Hi speed3914,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I made the recommended changes (bumped starting pressure to 6 and changed to the medium nose pillows).  What a difference.  Can breath much easier now.  Took it for a test run for an afternoon nap today and was very happy.  Thanks for the advice!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2017, 05:57 PM)speed3914 Wrote:
I made the recommended changes (bumped starting pressure to 6 and changed to the medium nose pillows).  What a difference.  Can breath much easier now.  Took it for a test run for an afternoon nap today and was very happy.  Thanks for the advice!

Let us know if you have other questions.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Always good to hear of some positive results... 
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic!
Post Reply Post Reply
You changed to medium pillows -- I didn't catch what you started with. But I'm female (probably smaller than you - 5'3"). They started me on "small" pillows for my brand of mask. I felt starved for air! I quickly tried the "medium" pillows from the same set -- much better airflow through it. A year later I tried a "large" pillows, and I love that even more!! It lets more air in, so I don't feel starved for air.

When in doubt: try a larger size of pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 209 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 308 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 281 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 770 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 580 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,167 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
  N20 mask: waking up unable to breathe acordeon 1 255 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.