Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Missing Humidity Menu on ResMed Elite Breatheasy
Missing Humidity Menu on ResMed Elite Breatheasy
Hi, I'm new here and so pls forgive if I don't know all the protocols and for jumping right in asking for help.  I joined up to this forum tonight with the specific intention of asking for help here regarding the humidifier settings on my ResMed Eliite EasyBreathe.  I've had a sudden re-emergence of mouth dryness this week so took the machine to local expert for her to check.  She noticed that the little water droplet symbol signifying the humidity settings isn't on my settings.  It used to be!  I hadn't noticed it disappear but would really like it back as the mouth dryness problem needs some humidity adjustment and it's inaccessible.

Has anyone got any ideas about how this can be remedied?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Missing Humidity Menu on ResMed Elite Breatheasy
I'm trying to figure out which generation your machine is. I think you are referring to an S8 generation machine; which is now 2 generations old.
If your machine is blue and white with no external power brick, then it's an S8. If Silver with an external brick, then it's an S9.

Here's what I would try:
Unplug the unit
Remove the water tank.
I think the humidifier separation latch is on the bottom (IIRC).
Separate the humidifier from blower unit by using the release latch and pulling the two apart.
Then reassemble in reverse of the above order.

If the menu still doesn't recognize the humidifier, it's likely the humidifier is toast.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll give that a try.  Thanks so much for your reply.  Cheers.  Btw:  The machine is an S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, then the release latch is on the back -- painted black. The humidifier is known as an H5i.

Make sure your power brick is a 90 Watt supply (required for the H5i).
I know Oz is a 230 Volt, 50 Hertz electrical supply. The supply is world Voltage.

You can still buy an H5i. Also suspect would be the power brick. I have an S9 with an H5i; and I keep a spare power brick.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day ZZZZZzzzelda. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Your machine may still be under warranty - many S9s sold in Oz came with a 5 year warranty instead of the standard two years. Mine has an extended warranty sticker on the base (underneath) of the blower unit. And stating the obvious - don't turn you machine upside down to look for it if you still have the humidifier attached - you and you machine will get a shower!

Try turning the machine off at the wall for about 20 - 30 minutes to "reboot" it, and see if this helps. As mentioned above, detach and re-attach the humidifier. If neither of these work you may need to get hold of a new humidifier. If you already have a supplier you get along with, have a talk with them. Otherwise look up one of the many CPAP outlets where you live - ask if they will try a new H5i humidifier on your machine to see if that solves the problem. Otherwise it might need to go in for a service.

If you need a new humidifier, they are about AU$280 - 300 at various online sites here in Oz (which seems to include the heated tube) or about US$160 online from the States. Once you factor in the current exchange rate, postage, and customs $50 handling fee (if applicable) you are probably better off buying locally.

But before you buy, check out your warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for all the useful information last night regarding my problem with the humidifier menu on my ResMed machine.  I followed your advice and disassembled the machine and then reassembled it and was pleasantly surprised to see that the rebooting did work.  I enjoyed a good night’s sleep again after many nights of discomfort.  I know where to come now if I encounter any more problems and hope that eventually I can learn enough to be able to contribute and help someone else.
Once again, sincere thanks.  Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 99 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 155 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 198 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.