Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling of lack of flow with several CPAP/APAP
Feeling of lack of flow with several CPAP/APAP
Good morning. I've been in CPAP-APAP treatment for a few years now and with some machines I have the feeling that I need to suck in more air than the machine is able to supply, it's an overwhelming feeling from the first minute and it doesn't let me sleep. If I use Resmed Airsense 10 autoset everything is fine, but when I use Breasreas Z1 it is as if the air is hard to get in. It doesn't look like a machine breakdown because the same feeling of lack of air I have in a Sefam Ecostar (CPAP without expiration relaxation algorithms), in it, if I avoid using the ramp function, and I put the pressure a little high I avoid the problem and I breathe relaxed. As I say, I don't think it's a fault, but a quirk in my breathing. I don't know if it could be a common problem with some possibility of improvement, I have looked for information related to it but I am not able to find it.

Thank you very much for any answer, I hope I was able to explain the problem correctly

Eroles
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feeling of lack of flow with several CPAP/APAP
Ramp should not be used unless you just cannot stand the pressure. Your therapy does not start until you are at your needed pressure. Most of us that have used Cpap for awhile have turned it off.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot for the answer!
I add something else, some thoughts that are probably not correct and are the fruit of my ignorance. I've always attributed this lack of flow sensation, to the fact that big size lungs could need a big size machine, and maybe mini travel machines are not able to fill my lungs as fast as I need to... But on the other hand I think that if those machines are able to generate twice the pressure I ask them to, there shouldn't be any problem...
Eroles
Post Reply Post Reply
Post a set of daily chart IAW the organize link in my signature. That will tell us a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Thaks a lot. I'll try. I don´t know very well which data you need.
I've been trying to try to analyze my data better thanks to the teachings on the forum, and I see that every day, before I fall asleep, I have a very high tidal volume, very irregular breathing, and I usually have some CA events just when I fall asleep, and then when I fall asleep everything becomes more normal. Maybe that big tidal volume at the beginning, is well fed by a big machine like the Airsense 10, but a small travel machine is in a hurry to feed it... it's just a hypothesis. 
I don't understand the mean of IAW. if you need another charts, I will gladly prepare them.
Eroles
Post Reply Post Reply
    Another screenshoot on a computer with a bigger screen. I don't know which charts nor zoom level are more interesting, I don't have the experience to know it, I'm sorry.
Eroles
Post Reply Post Reply
You are providing zoomed views, Right click on a chart name and select "100% zoom level".
also click on "View / Reset Graphs / Standard"
Then F12 on windows to take the screen shot

Your Breasreas Z1 simply needs a higher starting pressure than your AutoSet.

I'd like to see the full night as that sets the background.
Ignore the Central Apnea at the start of the night, I'd throw that into a bucket called SWJ or Sleep Wake Junk.
It looks like nothing is fundamentally wrong. How do you feel? and be critical, how you feel at these AHI levels is more important than your numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your patience !!!
Usually I feel good, but some day not much

I Attach an usual night. 3 screenshots

Eroles
Post Reply Post Reply
And a short and relatively bad night.
I am convinced that my therapy is going well, at least with my main Airsese 10 machine
I'll test with more minimal pressure in Z1.
Thanks!!!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 7 226 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 0 20 2 hours ago
Last Post: ahuman
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 305 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,608 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.