Gaspnea Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Elite
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 12.4
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: My pressure was prescribed by my doctor at 11 but I've upped it to 12.4 on my own.

Sex: Female

RE: Feeling shattered
Oh wow, thanks! This was going to be my next question after first reading the owner's manual, which I have not done yet. I also just read another unrelated post by someone who found that he was given a used machine when his insurance company has him approved for a new one. He'd seen something like 800 hours of use that could not have been his. I had a feeling my machine was also used because when I first picked it up from Apria Health Care, it was already unpacked and inside a black vinyl carrying case, which also looked used. I thought of all this but said nothing! So tomorrow I guess I have to call Blue Cross and find out if I am supposed to have a brand new machine.
09-30-2012 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Sex: Male

run hours can not be wind back to zero even if DME erased data and reset the machine to factory settings
cooling down the machine after each use add to machine hours
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 03:43 PM by zonk.)
09-30-2012 03:43 PM
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

If you had a valid sleep test that shows apnea, the apnea is probably doing damage to your brain, heart, and general health. It will probably get worse as you age.

Your CPAP machine stores the compliance info internally, not just on the SD card. You could destroy the SD card and you'll still have the data needed for compliance checks.

In addition to the "sleep debt," you may simply not be sleeping that well due to the weirdness of having the mask and air pressure.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
10-01-2012 12:01 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Moriarty Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics REMStar 50 Series Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Pakel Pilairo Q
Humidifier: Respironics System One
CPAP Pressure: 8.5-20 (average 9.4)

Other Comments: Image above is my CPAP machine...

Sex: Male

Hi Gaspnea

I have been in CPAP for 3 months now. I was not aware of any symptoms from OSA apart from my wife's observations of my snoring and gasping...

Since treatment I don't feel any better in the morning or through the day because I didn't feel bad to start with... I have however noticed two 'lifestyle' improvements.

The first was something that I thought was just advancing years.... I no longer doze off early in the evening... Instead of feeling drowsy from about 6pm on and falling asleep in front of the TV or reading I go till about 10pm or 11pm then crash quickly.

The second I was concerned could have a more nasty cause... Nocturia - my waking every two hours (some nights 1 hour) ceased from the first night.

There is also a third benefit - my wife is no longer woken by my snoring - then lying there waiting for for me to start breathing again several times a night.... and as they say - happy wife - happy life. Big Grin

Cheers

David
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 07:23 AM by Moriarty.)
10-01-2012 07:21 AM
Gaspnea Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Elite
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 12.4

Other Comments: My pressure was prescribed by my doctor at 11 but I've upped it to 12.4 on my own.

Sex: Female

Thanks arch and Moriarty. Yes, I think the weirdness of mask and blasting air is probably keeping me subconsciously always aware and in light sleep all night. But as for the nocturia...yeah, that quit on the first night too! And I too had attributed that symptom to something else altogether. "Happy wife-happy life"...yesterday was the first time I ever heard that and now you are saying it...funny!
10-02-2012 07:13 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  When does the "tired" feeling go away? Cranberry Ray 8 433 11-30-2016 10:10 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  Question for those who had MMA Surgery - Feeling Hopeless voiddweller 7 304 10-30-2016 02:56 AM
Last Post: 49er
  MAOI/antidepressant patient feeling worse with CPAP CPAPstruggler 15 1,942 10-05-2016 08:49 AM
Last Post: jbsix
  Numbers Good, Still Feeling Bad, What Would SleepyHead Tell Me? crezman 7 651 09-05-2016 06:16 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  feeling like not getting enough air Grover64 14 857 07-17-2016 12:41 PM
Last Post: pupcamper
  bloated feeling bigcat 3 408 05-25-2016 08:47 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [CPAP] Still feeling bad - What does data show? StillHoping 13 1,206 04-14-2016 02:22 PM
Last Post: StillHoping