Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling shattered
RE: Feeling shattered
Oh wow, thanks! This was going to be my next question after first reading the owner's manual, which I have not done yet. I also just read another unrelated post by someone who found that he was given a used machine when his insurance company has him approved for a new one. He'd seen something like 800 hours of use that could not have been his. I had a feeling my machine was also used because when I first picked it up from Apria Health Care, it was already unpacked and inside a black vinyl carrying case, which also looked used. I thought of all this but said nothing! So tomorrow I guess I have to call Blue Cross and find out if I am supposed to have a brand new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
run hours can not be wind back to zero even if DME erased data and reset the machine to factory settings
cooling down the machine after each use add to machine hours

Post Reply Post Reply
If you had a valid sleep test that shows apnea, the apnea is probably doing damage to your brain, heart, and general health. It will probably get worse as you age.

Your CPAP machine stores the compliance info internally, not just on the SD card. You could destroy the SD card and you'll still have the data needed for compliance checks.

In addition to the "sleep debt," you may simply not be sleeping that well due to the weirdness of having the mask and air pressure.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gaspnea

I have been in CPAP for 3 months now. I was not aware of any symptoms from OSA apart from my wife's observations of my snoring and gasping...

Since treatment I don't feel any better in the morning or through the day because I didn't feel bad to start with... I have however noticed two 'lifestyle' improvements.

The first was something that I thought was just advancing years.... I no longer doze off early in the evening... Instead of feeling drowsy from about 6pm on and falling asleep in front of the TV or reading I go till about 10pm or 11pm then crash quickly.

The second I was concerned could have a more nasty cause... Nocturia - my waking every two hours (some nights 1 hour) ceased from the first night.

There is also a third benefit - my wife is no longer woken by my snoring - then lying there waiting for for me to start breathing again several times a night.... and as they say - happy wife - happy life. Big Grin

Cheers

David
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks arch and Moriarty. Yes, I think the weirdness of mask and blasting air is probably keeping me subconsciously always aware and in light sleep all night. But as for the nocturia...yeah, that quit on the first night too! And I too had attributed that symptom to something else altogether. "Happy wife-happy life"...yesterday was the first time I ever heard that and now you are saying it...funny!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 261 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 327 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 309 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 808 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 551 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,088 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.