Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next?
RE: Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next?
I am genuinely interested to know what it is you are trying to "improve" about your sleep.
Your sleep study says you slept a solid 7 hours or so and 23% of that was REM sleep (a rate that is near impossible  to achieve with certain chronic apnea types).
Your oxygen levels are great and your AHI is pretty good... you have some clear way obstruction which can probably be treated without a machine.
Reading the thread from the beginning, it seems that it is the machine itself that is obstructive to your sleep and you are not having a great time getting what you think the pressures should be.
So here is a suggestion that worked well for me (I am certifiably in the Central Apnea territory) and it might work for you too,
Drop your Epap down to the min. which is 4 and your max at 8. Set your ramp to say max at 45 mins to give yourself time to sleep and then see if you get a good night.
If so, you can let yourself get used to these pressures for say a couple of weeks and then slowly raise them (say 1 CMH2O) every 3rd night until you hit your prescribed pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next?
(07-27-2021, 09:17 PM)S. Manz Wrote: I am genuinely interested to know what it is you are trying to "improve" about your sleep.
Your sleep study says you slept a solid 7 hours or so and 23% of that was REM sleep (a rate that is near impossible  to achieve with certain chronic apnea types).
Your oxygen levels are great and your AHI is pretty good... you have some clear way obstruction which can probably be treated without a machine.
Reading the thread from the beginning, it seems that it is the machine itself that is obstructive to your sleep and you are not having a great time getting what you think the pressures should be.
So here is a suggestion that worked well for me (I am certifiably in the Central Apnea territory) and it might work for you too,
Drop your Epap down to the min. which is 4 and your max at 8. Set your ramp to say max at 45 mins to give yourself time to sleep and then see if you get a good night.
If so, you can let yourself get used to these pressures for say a couple of weeks and then slowly raise them (say 1 CMH2O) every 3rd night until you hit your prescribed pressures.

The main thing I'm trying to improve is that I feel like I've been hit by a train every morning. I suspect it's mostly UARS rather than obstructive apnea, seeing that my RDI is 29.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  AHI stuck around 10 PercyA 3 188 02-28-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 325 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 306 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 545 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,085 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.