Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next?
RE: Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next?
(03-29-2021, 10:47 PM)kappa Wrote: The sleep study doesn't have any apparent place to report Central Apneas, so maybe they didn't collect data in order to tell one way or the other. Did you wear straps (respiritory effort belts) around your chest and mid-abdomen during the sleep study? Doesn't appear to be any leg movement monitoring either...

Edit: Actually pAHIc is their measure of central events... so there were some (avg 1.8/hr) during your study

I did a WatchPat sleep study. https://www.itamar-medical.com/patients/...p-testing/
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey all,

Just wanted to post an update here. I feel like I've made some improvement, especially with the leak rate. However, I still cannot seem to get my AHI where I want it. I tend to have quite a few events closer to the time that I wake up. 

Can anyone help me figure out what to do next? Thank you so much!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you changed the Trigger setting to high as was suggested early in this thread?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2021, 10:43 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Have you changed the Trigger setting to high as was suggested early in this thread?

Yes, the trigger is set to very high as of right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there anything else besides the high trigger I should change?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your chart shows you using VPAP-S mode which offers the use of EPR. If you are still experiencing a lot of CA's even after using Trigger- very high setting, then try EPR 1 setting or Off.

This way your pressure would be EPAP 8 and IPAP 8. You may be trading CA's for more flow Limitations, but doesn't hurt to try.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
sleepy331 - Since you are in the VPAP-S mode, do you have the "Easy-Breathe" option turned-on?

Here is its description from the manual:
Quote:Easy-Breathe
The comfort feature Easy-Breathe is available in S mode on the AirCurve 10 VAuto device.
The Easy-Breathe waveform intelligently recreates a patient’s individual breathing pattern, so
breathing feels more natural and therapy is more comfortable.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2021, 09:08 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Your chart shows you using VPAP-S mode which offers the use of EPR.  If you are still experiencing a lot of CA's even after using Trigger- very high setting, then try EPR 1 setting or Off.

This way your pressure would be EPAP 8 and IPAP 8.   You may be trading CA's for more flow Limitations, but doesn't hurt to try.

Okay, thank you! I will try this tonight and report back. I changed my IPAP from 6.0 to 7.0 and left the EPAP at 8.0.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2021, 10:12 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: sleepy331 - Since you are in the VPAP-S mode, do you have the "Easy-Breathe" option turned-on?

Here is its description from the manual:
Quote:Easy-Breathe
The comfort feature Easy-Breathe is available in S mode on the AirCurve 10 VAuto device.
The Easy-Breathe waveform intelligently recreates a patient’s individual breathing pattern, so
breathing feels more natural and therapy is more comfortable.

Hi Crimson Nape, I do have Easy-Breathe on.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to try to increase EPAP to 6.6, but knocking out all pressure support should be informative. I'm just posting this as a placeholder to come back to in the event smaller pressure support with a higher EPAP is something we might want to come back to.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  AHI stuck around 10 PercyA 3 188 02-28-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 325 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 305 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 806 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 545 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,085 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.