Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next?
RE: Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next?
So last night I raised the EPAP to 7.0 from 6.0 and seemed to have a much worse night. Strangely I feel a little better today. Also, right now I have it on a standard EPAP and IPAP. Why does it still say my pressure support is 3.0 when I'm at EPAP of 7.0 and IPAP of 8.0? Wouldn't that be pressure support of 1?

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I went back to look at your sleep study and it does show some central apnea pAHIc, not a lot though.
Have you talked to your doctor about your results?  You may be headed for an ASV machine.

Let's see if SleepRider has any suggestions before making any changes.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2021, 08:12 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I went back to look at your sleep study and it does show some central apnea pAHIc, not a lot though.
Have you talked to your doctor about your results?  You may be headed for an ASV machine.

Let's see if SleepRider has any suggestions before making any changes.

Hi Opal, I haven't spoken to a doctor yet. 

The other interesting thing I should note is that lately I've been feeling way more out of breath throughout the day, and my maximum breath hold time has gotten much worse since starting bipap therpay. I feel like the machine is almost making me hypocapnic.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hypocapnea is a good description when one becomes hyperventilated on a PAP machine. We have the option to just eliminate or reduce the pressure support, or add a little bit of enhanced expiratory rebreathing space (EERS). Both can help maintain a higher CO2 balance which should reduce the CA events. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ace_(EERS)

I think the conservative thing to do is change pressure settings to EPAP 6.4 and IPAP 7.0 and see where that takes you. If we need to add some CO2 to the circuit we can discuss EERS after you have read the wiki above.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was a little better, at least according to the OSCAR report. I'm still feeling tired though. I wonder if I need to try going back to the "Auto" mode rather than just the "S" mode that I have been using? I seem to be getting centrals regardless of what setting I'm on.

At this point, I'm basically using a CPAP and I'm pretty sure that I have UARS rather than just sleep apnea. I've attached my sleep from last night and will continue to update. Any advice is encouraged!

Post Reply Post Reply
Look under the Events Tab > Clear Airway. What is the time range shown. They are the numbers in parentheses "(" and ")".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2021, 03:28 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Look under the Events Tab > Clear Airway.  What is the time range shown.  They are the numbers in parentheses "(" and ")".

Between 10 and 14.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are at or very near the minimal time on these. For me, I would rate them as insignificant. As your body adapts they may go away.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey everyone, 

I thought I would post a quick update and a quick question.

I've been slowly increasing my pressure lately and also got a new mask. Obstructive, hypopnea, and centrals have all but been eliminated. I still feel really tired throughout the day and imagine it's because of RERAs. 

Since I'm on "S" mode on the bipap it doesn't show flow limitations, but by looking at the flow rate it seems like there are several (every few minutes or so). Can someone please confirm that these indeed are flow limitations/RERAs? I've also included what appears to be a normal flow rate for comparison. 

If they are do I simply need to increase the pressure?

I've been on bipap for nearly a year now with very little improvement in symptoms. If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Post Reply Post Reply
Here are a few more examples of flow rates that go haywire...

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 317 1 hour ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 309 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  AHI stuck around 10 PercyA 3 227 02-28-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 369 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 340 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 834 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 581 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.