Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling worse after a month with CPAP
RE: Feeling worse after a month with CPAP
That makes sense. After years or decades of untreated sleep apnea we tend to get in this tired-all-the-time mindset.

Exercise helps.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2014, 08:53 AM)cheesehead91182 Wrote: She wants to give me some medication to keep me awake during the day.

What medication?

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2014, 09:31 AM)Sleepster Wrote: That makes sense. After years or decades of untreated sleep apnea we tend to get in this tired-all-the-time mindset.

Exercise helps.

I've been exercising for years. I lift weights 5x a week and do cardio 6x times a week.

(05-12-2014, 09:40 AM)SnuffySleeper Wrote:
(05-12-2014, 08:53 AM)cheesehead91182 Wrote: She wants to give me some medication to keep me awake during the day.

What medication?

She said Provigil
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2014, 08:53 AM)cheesehead91182 Wrote: Well I went and saw my sleep therapist on Friday and she seems to think that I have sleep brain, where my brain is just tired all the time. She wants to give me some medication to keep me awake during the day.

How do you feel about that. From memory you were against medications.
When and if you take it, would love to know name of it and how you feel on it, thanks.
Oops just saw the name above.
Keep us posted if you take it.
Take care..
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
cheesehead91182,
I would encourage you to google up the condition Hypercapnia and its symptoms and see if that is at the very least some of your problems. I suffered greatly for the last 2 years from hypercapnia combined with tiredness that the doctor said the machine was treating with excellent results. Although the makers of the machine went to great lengths to try and have it accurately record events and give a break down of whats going on at night.... it cannot give exact detailed results that a sleep study can.
I literally got into a fight with a doctor who insisted that "the machine doesn't lie and some else must be wrong".

Read my post "Cpap & Autopap NOT working - getting desperate"
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2014, 07:25 PM)Gabby Wrote:
(05-12-2014, 08:53 AM)cheesehead91182 Wrote: Well I went and saw my sleep therapist on Friday and she seems to think that I have sleep brain, where my brain is just tired all the time. She wants to give me some medication to keep me awake during the day.

How do you feel about that. From memory you were against medications.
When and if you take it, would love to know name of it and how you feel on it, thanks.
Oops just saw the name above.
Keep us posted if you take it.
Take care..

I'm not sure how I feel about it but at this point I'm getting desperate, however I'm a little skeptical because I looked up Sleepy Brain on google and couldn't find anything related to what she was talking about.
Post Reply Post Reply
But you are still going to see your GP and get a physical, RIGHT???
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2014, 11:19 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: But you are still going to see your GP and get a physical, RIGHT???

Yes I am going to, I'm just getting sick of all the doctors appointments at this point
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2014, 10:44 AM)cheesehead91182 Wrote: I'm not sure how I feel about it but at this point I'm getting desperate, however I'm a little skeptical because I looked up Sleepy Brain on google and couldn't find anything related to what she was talking about.

Try "excessive daytime sleepiness". 440 Thousand hits.

Sometimes our mental attitude towards something needs a tune-up. If the drugs don't work you can always try something else.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2014, 12:57 PM)cheesehead91182 Wrote:

I'm not sure how I feel about it but at this point I'm getting desperate, however I'm a little skeptical because I looked up Sleepy Brain on google and couldn't find anything related to what she was talking about.

(05-14-2014, 11:19 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: But you are still going to see your GP and get a physical, RIGHT???

I wanted to reply to this early today, but just as I was getting ready to press go, my internet went down. It must have had something to do with the call I got a few days ago from the "Windows Department." Sadly it took out my whole town! Now I feel way guilty.

Back to the subject: I can appreciate your getting frustrated by all this. I do think it is time to step back and take a look at the basics.

Yes, as Paula suggests, implores, demands, hints........ Go in for a complete physical.

But beyond that, I'm not sure how much weight I would put on some sleep techie telling me I had some obscure condition called "sleepy brain." In a way I think that's correct, but only because in spite of what your doc told you earlier, you have yet to get to the point of having quality, 8 hours a night, restorative type of sleep. That can come, and that will come.

The first thing I believe you need to do is find out where you really are right now with the cpap treatments. I'm not sure if your machine will allow you to interface with the Sleepyhead software or not: others can address that better than I. But if it can, I feel you need to download the sleepyhead software to your computer and start learning about your own results.

1st, 4.5 sounds more like a humidifier setting to me than it does a pressure. If it's a pressure the reports will tell you that, and will tell you if you are having any apnea events while on that pressure, and how significant those events are. I'm sure your doc is a fine guy, but just telling you "gosh cheesie, the cpap treatment is working swell" really doesn't do it for me. He needs to tell you what your pressure is, what your events are, what your leak percentages are, and what your snore chart is doing. Those are all things you can get for yourself with the Sleepyhead software.

So, does your machine write results to a sd card? If so, let's get the software loaded and see what you can learn.

Download it from http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 147 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 219 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 181 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 585 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 153 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.