Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Felt happy for one week, now back to normal
Felt happy for one week, now back to normal
Jan 19 - Started using CPAP, pressure 7-14
Feb 22-26 Started getting consistently good AHI. I felt the usual symptoms -- more energy, and most notably I was happier! As if I was taking Prozac.
Feb 26 On advice of a doctor, changed min pressure from 7 to 7.6

After changing min pressure to 7.6, my AHI improved (from 1.36 to .61). However, I don't feel that consistent happiness I felt that one week. I still have increased energy.

Is it normal to feel happy in the beginning, and then it goes away? I thought I would feel that happy every day. Sad

I'm wondering if I should try going back to 7. Maybe even though my AHI improved, something else in the data changed, causing me to feel worse. I don't know how to interpret the Sleepyhead data. I'm happy to upload my Sleepyhead data if someone wants to take a look, not sure how.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Felt happy for one week, now back to normal
(03-07-2016, 08:52 AM)hmucha Wrote: Jan 19 - Started using CPAP, pressure 7-14
Feb 22-26 Started getting consistently good AHI. I felt the usual symptoms -- more energy, and most notably I was happier! As if I was taking Prozac.
Feb 26 On advice of a doctor, changed min pressure from 7 to 7.6

After changing min pressure to 7.6, my AHI improved (from 1.36 to .61). However, I don't feel that consistent happiness I felt that one week. I still have increased energy.

Is it normal to feel happy in the beginning, and then it goes away? I thought I would feel that happy every day. Sad

I'm wondering if I should try going back to 7. Maybe even though my AHI improved, something else in the data changed, causing me to feel worse. I don't know how to interpret the Sleepyhead data. I'm happy to upload my Sleepyhead data if someone wants to take a look, not sure how.

A sleepy head report could give some insight to the issue? Mask seal and leakage being the main thing for me that can alter therapy.

For the last couple years I have gotten up 3 to 4 times a night to go to the bathroom. Immediately once placed on bipap therapy I slept the entire night.
It was euphoric for the first couple weeks when I got up in the morning. I forgot what a good night sleep really felt like. That so called euphoria or happiness is basically gone now. But I sure as heck do not want to return to the pre bipap days.
Sleeping better since 01/13/2016 Smile

Masks I have tried to date
AirFit F10-FFM, AirFit N10-Nasal, Mirage Liberty-Hybrid FFM, Mirage Quattro-FFM, Swift FX Nano-Pillow, Mirage Activa LT-Nasal, ComfortGel Blue-FFM, Amara View -FFM, Pilairo Q -Pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi hmucha,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for assistance with your data and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds Like the new car feeling. After a while it is just a car until you have to walk for a week.

Post Reply Post Reply
As a member in good standing with the Curmudgeons Guild, I welcome you back.

I expect the "happiness" was a natural reaction to just having more energy and feeling generally better, and that wore off as you are starting to become accustomed to your new normal. As kwenrykerr said, "new car feeling".
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
yep I had it for a couple days, it's not real, it's recovery. Now I am just sleeping as I should and happy or not for other reasons, as I should be.
Get the Apneas under control, get so you have good sleep and then enjoy being able to sleep well again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone. Glad I'm not the only one. The euphoria has gone away. Of course my life is so much better now that's I'm sleeping better.

It would have been nice to be euphoric all the time, but oh well, that's life. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, it has been permanent. But I had serious depression and anxiety issues before starting CPAP. They seem to have been largely caused by the SA.
Post Reply Post Reply
DRUGS ARE THE ANSWER
To much is bad, not enough is bad. If you can get the right dose you can ride the magic carpet all over the world. I suggest that you get help with your supply so that you keep it between the lines. Addiction is not a problem if you are careful. They are easy to get for the bold. If you must be a careful person ask your doctor to set you up, they will you know. Some days you may want a lot, others not so much. I have been known to run low and be in a mess. have never overdosed yet. If you have not guessed by now I am talking about oxygen. My number two is coffee and it is out of control...like coffee that is, the other stuff I am addicted to.Sleep-well[/size]

Post Reply Post Reply
I had that as well for a few days when I started.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 204 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 414 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,953 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 482 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 201 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 218 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.