Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Few Apneas But Poor Sleep
Few Apneas But Poor Sleep
I've been using cpap for about six months and although I now have few to no apea events (I had about 32 per hour during sleep study) I still wake up many times during the night -- sometimes every 30 to 45 minutes.  It seems that something besides sleep apnea must be causing my poor sleep. Attached are screenshots for the last three nights.  I notice a difference in the flow rates, but I'm not sure what this means. Any thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Few Apneas But Poor Sleep
Welcome to the forum!
I don't have the knowledge to help you. But I really care.

My story isn't important here, but my treatment is so much better since I asked for help. I'll watch, because I have the same machine and same mask and want to learn more about using them.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Others will have greater insight on the specifics, but given the extremely low number of apneas, I'm wondering if you could reduce the pressure range? Changes in pressure can definitely wake you up, so making those smaller would probably help.

Also, what kind of mask are you using? What about humidification? Some people have a very low arousal threshold, and even tiny leaks can wake them up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response.  I currently have a pressure range of 6-12 and I use a nasal mask, N-20 Air Touch. Leaks are usually not a problem.  I'll try lowering the range a bit tonight and see how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 114 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 5 242 03-09-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: meatheadmd
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 15 630 03-08-2024, 02:42 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 233 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 186 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 253 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,225 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.