Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Few Apneas but many SpO2 Desaturations
Few Apneas but many SpO2 Desaturations
Happy New Year all! 

I have a CMS-50F and S10 Auto Set for Her. My AHI is rarely over 1.5, however, when I import the data into OSCAR it shows me having many SpO2 desaturations even though I am having relatively few apneas.

Not sure if it is relevant but I live at sea level.

I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on this and tell me if I should be concerned.

I have attached a screen capture from OSCAR, a zoomed in capture from OSCAR, and my Oximetry Report from SpO2 Assistant.

I apologize for the fact that the data from the oximeter is not synchronized with the data from my APAP, that has been a separate battle that I am still not winning.

Thanks in advance. You guys are amazing and without you I would not have come as far as I have with CPAP.

Warm Regards,

Chitlom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Few Apneas but many SpO2 Desaturations
Your time spent below 88% SpO2 is only a couple of minutes. (2.6 minutes)

Today I got email from my doctor saying that they only investigate further if the time spent below 88% is 30 minutes or more.

In my case, I have incidents of periodic breathing where you can see my SPO2 rise and fall by 10% in sych with my breathing anomalies.

If you can set the clocks on your oxiimeter and CPAP to be closer, the data will synchronize better and you may be able to identify which breathing events are causing your SpO2 drops.

You can look at an example of my data on my thread
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid325652

I just uploaded an annotated image too
You can see how the breathing allowes SpO2 to drop
If you can synchronize your SpO2 data you may see something similar
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid326763
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Few Apneas but many SpO2 Desaturations
Key is to get your oximeter in sync so you can try and look at the data in depth to see if desaturations are causing issues like arousal.

I just ordered one myself, my idea to try and sync them was to start both cpap machine and oximeter at the same time then determine time difference that way and adjust as necessary. Figured that should get it close enough that I could then make a minor change if data still seemed a bit off. If lag time during startup is an issue then another idea I had was to remove both cpap and oximeter at the same time with both operating, cpap should give large leak and oximeter should lose signal. If others have better ways to sync them I would be interested.

I don't think the odd desaturation is a big issue unless they are causing arousals or falling to very low levels. Yours aren't falling too low to really be worried about them but it is enough to make me think there may be a bit of room for improvement. I wonder if increasing EPR to 3 would improve SPO2, it would be the first thing I would try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 558 1 hour ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 858 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 305 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 391 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 826 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 679 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.