Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Few suggestions please for newbie.
RE: Few suggestions please for newbie.
Awesome, thank you both for your responses. I'll make the needed changes and post an updated screenshot tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night. Looking a little bit better. Did not sleep so well after 3.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Woke up to a very fast heartbeat and feeling sick. Changed the pressure support from 4 to 2 so see if it would get of the central apnea's. Felt like i was hyperventilating. Any ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply
RustApnea nothing jumps out at me from your graphs causing the feelings you were having do you think it could be anxiety related ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Very possibly could be. My breathing just feels very disordered.
Post Reply Post Reply
At a high level the VAuto does nothing to order your breathing it follows your lead maintaining a constant minimum pressure (epap) in your airways, to prevent the airways closing and obstructing your airway (Obstructive Apnoea).
Post Reply Post Reply
With mainly central apnea showing, the correct response was to reduce PS, so you were on the right track. Give PS 2 another try an if necessary, we can reduce that further.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the input Jaswilliams and Sleeprider. I raised the PS to 3 since it seems to be more comfortable at a higher level. I ended up taking off the mask around 4 am due to some irregular breathing with it. I have been having a problem with insomnia for the past 6 years, so i have been expecting myself to have a problem with UARS more so than OSA. First few nights of the Bipap felt somewhat restorative, then not so much after that. Keep waking up with a higher heartrate, might try to use my wife's Galaxy watch to see if it persists the whole night. i really appreciate all of the help im being given. Just want to put this whole matter to bed Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
Finally got the results from my home sleep test. Looks like i do have sleep apnea and probably have had it for some years. Strange though that i don't snore and my wife never noticed my breathing stopping during the night. Anyway this test could be wrong? I had used Lofta's basic 189 dollar test.

adding more screen shots.

Post Reply Post Reply
Attached last night's graph as well. Still not quite feeling refreshed. Anymore suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 392 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,933 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 253 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.