Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Few suggestions please for newbie.
Few suggestions please for newbie.
Hey All,

Been waking up with difficulty breathing and such. Had a sleep study lined up, but it was postponed due to Covid 19. Decided to go ahead and purchase a bipap since it has a CPAP function along with Bipap in case of UARS after researching some of the symptoms of both. Downloaded Oscar and captured some data from last night. Feeling more rested than i have been lately, just wanting to see what else i can do to optimize my sleep.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Few suggestions please for newbie.
I'm not a doctor but a a little bit than 10 years user.
The statistics you posted seems to be good for me. But it's too early to say if it's good our not.
I think you have to continue at least 2 or 3 nights : then you can see if you're realy rest.
The chart below (what you haven't posted) can be interesting.
- snoring volume
- last one : pressure / time.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
Added.

Post Reply Post Reply
You are looking good, keep an eye on the flow limits as that is a big driver of pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for all of the help. I added another two days worth. Seem to be seeing an increase of central sleep apneas. Any suggestions? Also, wake up feeling a bit sick, but it seems to go away as the day progresses.

Post Reply Post Reply
Data for last night. Not sure what is causing this increase in Central sleep apnea's. Any idea's or insights?

Post Reply Post Reply
A few suggestions: Review the OSCAR wiki on the standard chart presentation. You can access it via a link in my signature. You will need to remove the calendar and the pie chart. These are taking up screen real estate, hiding valuable data. For the rest, see that wiki.

About CA events? I noted you have yet to have a sleep study, so we don't know the flavor of CA you're having. I think you're possibly dealing with treatment emergent. Reducing EPR would lower CA event count. Turning off Ramp will help as well. Reducing pressure swings should reduce CA events.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the suggestions. I do have an at home sleep study upcoming, unfornutaly lab sleep studies are still being restricted in my area. I will be sure to post charts with the standard order from now on. Sorry, been brain foggy the past few months. I currently have EPR at 4, so ill reduce that to 3. Also, i thought that the ramp setting was only for the first 20 minutes to get you used to the pressure. Sorry for the newbie questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem, just trying to help out, newb or otherwise. We're all learning about the Apnea daily.

My reason for suggesting reducing or eliminating ramp is pressure swings that may cause CA for you. Reduce as you feel comfortable, but if reducing CA is a goal, Ramp is one area that seems to crop up as troublesome. EPR is another CA inducer in CPAP types, but since you're on VAuto that doesn't apply as best as I can recall. That was my mistake on mentioning it. You'd likely be dealing with EPAP, IPAP (or Min and Max pressure) and PS somewhat like my ASV but without backup rates.

On a VAuto, there's other methods to reduce pressure swings. Others more familiar will help better than I.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure, thank you for the input. Also, had a quick question about inhale and exhale. I feel like the machine forces me to exhale faster since my inhale is longer. Is that cause for any concern at this point in time?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,927 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 251 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.