Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Few suggestions please for newbie.
RE: Few suggestions please for newbie.
I'd want to address that as it is part comfort oriented and can impact therapy IMO. I think your VAuto may have timing settings to help, things like Trigger, Ti Min/Max, there's at least one other. I think that sounds like Ti settings, but as I don't have those myself, I'll defer to others with knowledge on these.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey all,

Rough night last night. Lowered the PS from 4 to 3. Not quite sure why the chart looks so bad.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
All those purple event flags were Clear Apnea/CA events likely due to C02 washout from a too efficient respiratory flow from the VAuto. This is assumed to be treatment emergent and will reduce and disappear with more time on the machine. However, you should consider reducing pressure swings while you get used to this machine. On a VAuto, this may be your PS setting, but let those with better knowledge on the VAuto confirm or advise otherwise.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the advice SarcasticDave94. I did lower the PS from 4 to 3. I wonder if the drop was too steep, as i didn't quite enjoy having the mask on as much. Do you think this also could be an issue due to the type of mask that i am using?
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless your mask setting is wrong, no. As for dropping the number too much and causing this, I'd also be inclined to say no. As narrow as possible on pressure swings from lowest to highest is how I understand we reduce this type of CA events. How specifically on the VAuto? Wait for the users of that machine. I've never had this one, as I have pre-existing CA.
Post Reply Post Reply
could be a one off. not sure why you lowered ps but you can give it another night or two to see if you adapt or bump it back up if you had better results with that. also, with vauto, setting trigger to high or very high seems to have a positive effect on ca.
Post Reply Post Reply
i had dropped the PS because i thought i read somewhere that it was close to dropping the EPR which would help with the CA's. I set it back to 4 and put the trigger to high. Hopefully it helps, thank you for the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome, and I'd say post a chart tomorrow to see how it went. Include some info on how you felt while using.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rustapnea, you are using an Aircurve 10 Vauto, and feel your expiration is being rushed. I'd like to see you make the following setting changes to your machine:
Trigger sensitivity: low
Cycle sensitivity: Medium (default).

You say your inhale is longer, but it's not. The charts suggest your median inspiration time is only 1.28 seconds, and expiration time 2.74 seconds at less than 15 BPM. Pretty normal. I would usually advise just the opposite settings on trigger sensitivity. To reduce CA events my go-to advice is trigger sensitivity on high and cycle medium. Anyway, you might want to try some different settings there and go with what is most comfortable. The most common approach to reducing CA events is to simply reduce pressure support.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i think that's my fault. idk how l misread the inhale exhale times so wrong but I did. in any event, sleeprider's one of the members to always listen to first.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 383 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,927 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 483 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 252 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.