Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ff masks and beards
RE: Ff masks and beards
A nasal mask would have higher chances to seal better. It seals good enough when my moustache starts growing. It's way more uncomfortable with facial hair though, so I try to shave twice a month maybe Tongue
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a mustache and beard on my chin and I use a F&P nasal mask that gives me no leakage problems where I have facial hair. I also used a F&P full face (not under the chin though) that I had leakage problems with but none of the leakage was from any area where I have facial hair and a fair amount of the seal rests on facial hair. I was very surprised that my mustache and beard did not cause any leakage.

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
trimmed GO T here using the mirage quattro, no problems at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I switch from a goatee to a full beard with the seasons. I have found that trying to sleep with the FFM to be claustrophobic - which is strange since this is the mask I wear when working with or near insulation:

[Image: Picture+2.jpg]

Thus I've always used the nasal pillows (sometimes with a chin strap).
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 220 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 410 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 496 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed masks with magnets and coronary stents stillaliveca 0 455 12-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: stillaliveca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.