Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

File Hash check program
I need a utility to check File Hash numbers to authenticate them.
What would you recommend?

I'm looking at Quick Hash GUI.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure all are good. I use WinMD5free. I've put it up for you to download it if you want.
Here is the download link: WinMD5free
Post Reply Post Reply
I use febooti. It adds a tab on the properties menu.

[Image: febooti.PNG]

It's free for windows

google for link.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

(10-13-2016, 12:48 PM)justMongo Wrote: I need a utility to check File Hash numbers to authenticate them.
What would you recommend?

I'm looking at Quick Hash GUI.

I have trust issues with most programs, so I simply use the old Microsoft Command Line utility https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=11533 for SHA1 and MD5 both of which have been cryptographically compromised.

I used to use this utility to verify the integrity of a mortgage documents library among other things because a file is a file is a file.

But, if you must do something slick ... use http://implbits.com/products/hashtab/ which is a free utility for personal use that integrates with the file properties tab menu. Right click on any file, go to properties, look at the tab "File Hashes" and you will see the venerable CRC-32 (which is loved by ResMed to protect the integrity of ResScan data), SHA-1 and MD5. And you can compare it with another file or enter a file hash for comparison.

Let me know what you think. -- steve

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [How to] Help with a Batch File Command justMongo 6 1,093 02-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  program question me50 9 1,613 07-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  New Member Check In Luke Warm 7 1,811 01-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Last Post: ImaSurvivor
Rainbow New Apnea Board main web site - check it out SuperSleeper 38 12,412 08-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper