Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Filter suggestion
Filter suggestion
I bought a pack of 12 filters at my local Lowe's store for use in the floor registers of my forced air heating/cooling system. The filters measure 4" X 12" and appear to be of the same material and thickness that my ResMed S9 filters are made from.

I figure this pack that cost me less than 4 bucks will make approximately 144 ResMed size filters and allow me to change filter daily if I so choose. That's roughly 3¢/filter! They're made by a company called Web Products, Inc., in Kansas City, Kansas. The package says they are made from self charging electrostatic material that will trap dirt, dust, smoke and pollen size particles.

Google Web Vent Filter and click on the Lowe's link. I think Home Depot has the same ones too. You can see what they look like. I can't see why this wouldn't be a good deal better than paying the DME price for these things, which encourages you to squeeze as much life out of them as possible before changing. Changing daily or even weekly could be better.

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Filter suggestion
Snipped from the manufacturer's web site:

Electrostatic Register Filtration
WEB Vent Register Filters are made of a self-charging electrostatic material that acts as a dust magnet for vent register systems. Dirt, dust, smoke, and pollen-size particles are trapped when air flows through the filter allowing filtered air to pass back into your house. WEB Vent Register Filters are ideal for use in bedrooms, bathrooms, baby's room, and the kitchen.

Easy to trim with household scissors; fits 4" x 12" vents and smaller.
Traps microscopic particles.
Prevents dirt and objects from falling into ducts.
Easy to install!
Provides 90 days of filtration.
Contains no fiberglass.

Keep the air your family breathes cleaner with the WEB Vent Register Filters.

WEB Vent Register Filters are also available in packs of 24 or custom sizes (up to 10 x 15) in packs of 12:
Post Reply Post Reply
Love it! Thanks for sharing.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to thank surferdude2 for his suggestion on buying web vent register filters. They were indeed $4 at Lowes, and I am now all set with filters for a very long time. I have a high deductible, so end up paying for all my supplies. This is my kind of bargain...
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome, I'm proud to have been of help for you in escaping the system and getting filters at a price that they should cost anywhere. I'm sure a DME supplier would have some reason why this isn't a good idea but I'm not gonna ask. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
If you don't have a Lowes nearby or cant get out, click on the Amazon link when you do the search and you will find the same filters, delivered via Amazon Prime for $6.54
Post Reply Post Reply
I have recently moved to a location where my respironics ultra fine filters get really dirty in 3 nights of use.

Can I use these web vent filters in my machine to replace the respironics ultra fine filters? Anybody used these filters with a respironics system one??
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
The edges of the hypoallergenic filters that I purchased with my Cpap are sealed shut. That is likely necessary. If you cut out filters from those larger furnace filters, this might expose tiny particles from inside those filters that migrate out along the edges where you cut . Those particles could end up being sucked up into your cpap and blown into your lungs.
Foreign bodies in your lungs could cause some nasty problems. I don't recommend it.
[quote='surferdude2' pid='83049' dateline='1410494659']
I bought a pack of 12 filters at my local Lowe's store for use in the floor registers of my forced air heating/cooling system. The filters measure 4" X 12" and appear to be of the same material and thickness that my ResMed S9 filters are made from.

I figure this pack that cost me less than 4 bucks will make approximately 144 ResMed size filters and allow me to change filter daily if I so choose. That's roughly 3¢/filter! They're made by a company called Web Products, Inc., in Kansas City, Kansas. The package says they are made from self charging electrostatic material that will trap dirt, dust, smoke and pollen size particles.

Google Web Vent Filter and click on the Lowe's link. I think Home Depot has the same ones too. You can see what they look like. I can't see why this wouldn't be a good deal better than paying the DME price for these things, which encourages you to squeeze as much life out of them as possible before changing. Changing daily or even weekly could be better.

Cool
[/I figure this pack that cost me less than 4 bucks will make approximately 144 ResMed size filters ]

Beware
The edges of the hypoallergenic filters that I purchased with my Cpap are sealed shut. That is likely necessary. If you cut out filters from those larger furnace filters, this might expose tiny particles from inside those filters that migrate out along the edges where you cut . Those particles could end up being sucked up into your cpap and blown into your lungs.
Foreign bodies in your lungs could cause some nasty problems. I don't recommend it.
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure the intake filter is designed to keep fine crud out the the user's lungs.
I am of the opinion the filter's intended purpose is to protect the machine.
Even the hypoallergenic -- I believe that means made of hypoallergenic material; not that it filters out allergens like pollen.

I do find some dust gets around the filter in my S9. And, I'm glad the filter is there since I have to us Dust-off to blow dust out of my computer fans and heat sinks.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Even if you choose not to get the filters at Lowes, you will get the same or better quality if you buy your cpap filters at Amazon, Ebay or online stores. Heck, they are less than the 20% I have to pay AND I can get RESMED brand instead of their off brand for LESS than my DME is charging me after Medicare pays.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,840 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 648 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 2 606 11-16-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: cLoo
  [CPAP] New User - Settings Suggestion - Disturbed Sleep ralphm123 3 319 11-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,144 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 897 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 25 5,783 03-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: JLRINCT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.