Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Filter suggestion
RE: Filter suggestion
I, too, buy the ResMed brand at Amazon for my A10 for a lot less than the DME charges!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2016, 11:14 AM)AshSF Wrote: I have recently moved to a location where my respironics ultra fine filters get really dirty in 3 nights of use.

Can I use these web vent filters in my machine to replace the respironics ultra fine filters? Anybody used these filters with a respironics system one??

I wonder if there is a way to use the vent filter as a larger outer layer filter, maybe with tape or something and maybe even with a larger extra black sponge filter, too, so the smaller respironics black sponge filter and fine filter don't get dirty so fast. Doesn't look like there is much room for tape around that little rectangle.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2016, 11:28 AM)justMongo Wrote: I'm not sure the intake filter is designed to keep fine crud out the the user's lungs.
I am of the opinion the filter's intended purpose is to protect the machine.
Even the hypoallergenic -- I believe that means made of hypoallergenic material; not that it filters out allergens like pollen.

I do find some dust gets around the filter in my S9. And, I'm glad the filter is there since I have to us Dust-off to blow dust out of my computer fans and heat sinks.

Hi Mongo,
In reading the literature on the ResMed site the hypoallergenic filters are designed to reduce the allergens passed through the machine to the patient. They are a dual filter design, course outer filter with finer medium after and according to the manufacturer should last 6 months. Of course I don't know squat about all this and am waiting to get my first PAP machine still after finally getting around to getting a sleep study.

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,840 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 647 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 2 605 11-16-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: cLoo
  [CPAP] New User - Settings Suggestion - Disturbed Sleep ralphm123 3 319 11-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,144 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 897 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 25 5,783 03-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: JLRINCT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.