Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Filters
RE: Filters
(01-29-2016, 08:27 AM)I_will_never_sleep_again Wrote: I was told by DME to change the ResMed filter twice a month.
All this Cpap stuff is ridiculously priced.
I am going to go find a furnace filter that looks like the same material and spend $15 and cut out about a hundred of these little rectangles.
Has anyone found a cheap way to replace their filter?
Or is there anything wrong with my idea?

[cut out about a hundred]

The edges of the hypoallergenic filters that I purchased with my Cpap are sealed shut. That is likely necessary. If you cut out filters from those larger furnace filters, this might expose tiny particles from inside those filters that migrate out along the edges where you cut . Those particles could end up being sucked up into your cpap and blown into your lungs.
Foreign bodies in your lungs could cause some nasty problems. I don't recommend it.
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2016, 11:15 AM)Inspired Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 08:27 AM)I_will_never_sleep_again Wrote: I was told by DME to change the ResMed filter twice a month.
I am going to go find a furnace filter that looks like the same material and spend $15 and cut out about a hundred of these little rectangles.

[cut out about a hundred]

The edges of the hypoallergenic filters that I purchased with my Cpap are sealed shut. That is likely necessary. If you cut out filters from those larger furnace filters, this might expose tiny particles from inside those filters that migrate out along the edges where you cut . Those particles could end up being sucked up into your cpap and blown into your lungs.
Foreign bodies in your lungs could cause some nasty problems. I don't recommend it.

I just figured out the resmed 10 filters are the same as the resmed 9, and found them on Amazon for $12 for 12. It's not worth messing with something else for a dollar apiece.

My DME was screwing me bad.

Thanks for the concern.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have accrued a stash of filters; so, every month on the 1st, I change it.
Note to self: Monday is the 1st!
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep a lookout for specials. I just got 12 filters for $16 from #10. Also getting a new mask so with shipping to Australia it made sense to get them at half price.
Post Reply Post Reply

Since you asked:
Quote:is there anything wrong with my idea?

I'll give you my thoughts on the subject:
First, I agree that the cost of most medical equipment including filters is excessively outrageously high. But....

Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 96 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] Cleaning filters bookwyrmtoo 2 396 12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Airsense 11 filters mmrams13 32 9,476 09-06-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: turbo
  [Equipment] Filters in general and the ResMed 11 Cpapian 3 833 06-25-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Melman
  DreamStation 2 Filters & DME's StratCat48 2 509 04-19-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
Question [Equipment] Who sells ResMed's AirSense 10 HypoAllergenic filters most cheaply, for Canada? StackExchange 1 535 12-03-2022, 01:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.