Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Filters
Filters
I have a Respironics as seen under my avatar info. Do I put the white paper-like filter first and the foam one on top? Do I need both? This is how I have it now. Just wondering.

BTW This Avatar is when I was young and slender back in the early 70s. sigh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Filters
Source: PRS1 user manual
1. If you are using the white disposable ultra-fine filter, insert it into the filter area first, mesh-side facing in, towards the device.
2. Insert the required gray foam filter into the filter area after the ultra-fine filter.
Note: If you are not using the white disposable filter, simply insert the gray foam filter into the filter area.
http://respironicsremstars.respironics.com/

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, That is how I have it. My white one has a tab and it make sit not fit, so I cut the tab off. I do need to check them more often. I have new ones coming in the mail.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2012, 11:34 PM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: I have a Respironics as seen under my avatar info. Do I put the white paper-like filter first and the foam one on top? Do I need both? This is how I have it now. Just wondering.

The white one won't stay in position without the foam one as well (on the outside). The white one is for high filtration, which only people who are super-sensitive need. The foam one is plenty to catch normal airborne dust.
Post Reply Post Reply
From the same source as above:
Installing the Air Filters
CAU TION : A properly installed, undamaged gray foam filter is required for proper operation.
The device uses a gray foam filter that is washable and reusable, and a white ultra-fine filter that is disposable. The reusable filter screens out normal household dust and pollens, while the ultra-fine filter provides more complete filtration of very fine particles. The gray reusable filter must be in place at all times when the device is operating. The ultra-fine filter is recommended for people who are sensitive to tobacco smoke or other small particles.
The reusable gray foam filter is supplied with the device. A disposable ultra-fine filter may also be included. If your filter is not already installed when you receive your device, you must at least install the reusable gray foam filter before using the device. To install the filter(s):
1. If you are using the white disposable ultra-fine filter, insert it into the filter area first, mesh-side facing in, towards the device.
2. Insert the required gray foam filter into the filter area after the ultra-fine filter.
Note: If you are not using the white disposable filter, simply insert the gray foam filter into the filter area
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2012, 11:34 PM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: I have a Respironics as seen under my avatar info. Do I put the white paper-like filter first and the foam one on top? Do I need both? This is how I have it now. Just wondering.

BTW This Avatar is when I was young and slender back in the early 70s. sigh

I use both on mine. I am allergic to just about everything it seems like and that includes the cat who insists on sleeping with me! I definitely don't want anything getting past the grey filter and straight into my sinus or even lungs. That would make for a bad week. I leave the tabs on the white filter as if you push the filter in place, the tab ensures it does not move and makes it much easier to remove the filter for changing. Just my 2 cents.
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
I use both filters. I change the ultra-fine white filter bi-weekly and wash out the grey one at the same time using a drop of detergent and blot dry with paper tower. If filtration is available, then I say use it.

Some have asked before. Which is the mesh side on the white filter..It is the hard side. It goes in first.

For some reason, the grey filter has popped out on mine a couple of times. Found it on the floor. No big deal.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello!

I'm only 2 months into using my CPAP - I have a question regarding purchasing filters. Any success/good prices using any of the suppliers on the supplier list?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2012, 10:04 AM)Kaarestakj Wrote: I'm only 2 months into using my CPAP - I have a question regarding purchasing filters. Any success/good prices using any of the suppliers on the supplier list?

Don't forget to check Amazon, eBay and your local Craigslist.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have nothing listed in the profile. Please update than when you can.

As for prices, filters are rather cheap and I think you'll find similar prices at all of the online suppliers.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 86 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] Cleaning filters bookwyrmtoo 2 396 12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Airsense 11 filters mmrams13 32 9,467 09-06-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: turbo
  [Equipment] Filters in general and the ResMed 11 Cpapian 3 828 06-25-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Melman
  DreamStation 2 Filters & DME's StratCat48 2 508 04-19-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
Question [Equipment] Who sells ResMed's AirSense 10 HypoAllergenic filters most cheaply, for Canada? StackExchange 1 526 12-03-2022, 01:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.