Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally, After 2.5 Years
Finally, After 2.5 Years
I am getting some quality sleep!!

My machine has been getting noisier and noisier and I have felt for a couple of months that it wasn't working up to speed, so to speak.

I bought a refurb older model off of a web site, (550 Resmed System One) which doesn't have quite all the features the 57x (not sure exact model) and for the past three nights I have slept like a log in the forest.

Took the old one to the DME I bought it through (got gouged big time, btw) and they won''t do any warranty work. For a charge, they will send it off to the factory. Then, come to find out, this particular machine falls into a serial number group that has been under recall for just under two years and they knew about it. Going to be an interesting conversation with the local "cpap liaison" from their store come tomorrow.

/end rant.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally, After 2.5 Years
SleepyHead will report the machine details if you use it.
You can then post them here and in your profile so the cool kids can really help.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Duckdog58,
It's good to hear that finally, you are getting good sleep after such a long time.
I hope you are able to get the problems with your other machine straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2015, 06:38 PM)Duckdog58 Wrote: ...Going to be an interesting conversation with the local "cpap liaison" from their store come tomorrow...

If you want to cause a stir (and I think you should), publish that recall info here and in like forums, and they will start to get that conversation a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Of course they haven't called. Been waiting for 3 days. DOH!! I'm going to collect the thing and send it off for refurb myself.

Medical supply companies sure do earn their reputations as the devil. LOL
(06-15-2015, 06:48 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: SleepyHead will report the machine details if you use it.
You can then post them here and in your profile so the cool kids can really help.

Not something I'm real comfortable with. Sorry.Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Not comfortable how?
You are only a voice in my head so I have no idea who you might be unless you tell me. You are on the net so if you have access to something other than a smartfone the tech isn't complicated and the software is free.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,039 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 183 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,020 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 681 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Confused After A Few Years Sleeper396 2 293 02-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.