Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally OSCAR data. Need help understanding
RE: Finally OSCAR data. Need help understanding
Flex is Kirk EPR we usually suggest flex 2.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2021, 06:28 PM)kbingel Wrote: Thanks again Timpani. Good to know. I’ve tried doing a search on here but nothing of value showed up.

Yeah. That confusing. ESP as I don’t know what to look for on the graphs in terms of changing it or not. Stay the course unless I hear over wise I guess. Karen

If you don't get any other feedback, then go for it. Some folks struggle with exhale against the pressure and the higher flex setting helps, but if you are ok with it, try 1. Since you are at 2, 1 shouldn't be a huge jump.  Give it a few nights unless things are unbearable. If AHI seems to be worse, try 3.  Changing to A-flex mode makes a more gradual change in inhale/exhale pressure for comfort but try to change one thing at a time to understand how each setting works for you.  I tend to go off-script and try things but that's up to you how experimental you want to be. At the end of the day, you are your own best advocate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just mark down that Respironics Flex level 3 has been reported by some users to be disruptive to sleep or otherwise a hindrance rather than helpful.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 103 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,024 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.