Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally OSCAR data. Need help understanding
Finally OSCAR data. Need help understanding
Finally was able to download and look a data.  I read through the whole WIKI on oscar and data but still feel overwhelmed with it all.  Its obvious that I had some sort of episode around 11:00 at night, 23:00. I have been looking closely at the flow rate.  I just dont know how to really get my mind around all this data.  Any place to go for help?  And could someone with some knowledge give me a short idea of where to start?  Thanks

PS. I attached a file from Oscar but dont see it here or in preview.  Not sure how that works but if it doesn't show up in the post, well.....looks like I need help with that too.

Yeah One of them did,  Here is the other one!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally OSCAR data. Need help understanding
Look at you H and O chart, where you see “clumped” events, those sho positional apnea. Positional apnea can NOT be treated with any pap machine. They happen when your chin drops to your Sternum cutting off your own airway. And the only way to stop these is staying out of that position this has happed only 2 or 3 times so not a real huge deal. Probably you were on your back.

If it continues and you have more you may need a collar to stop chin tucking. Please check out my link in my signature.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed the snoring, which I think typically means pressures are too low. Hopefully an expert will come along and help you with this, as I am no expert.
Post Reply Post Reply
It does appear that your events around 11 and 4:40 were due to chin tucking but given that your pressure spikes to the max of 9 even in the case of OA and H that aren't clustered it appears you would benefit from a higher max pressure. I suggest you bump it up to 12, see what happens, and post again. Which dream station do you have if it's not a 2 are you aware it's been recalled for safety reasons?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. I do know it’s been recalled. I am waiting for the new one. I ordered a travel machine and it should arrive soon. I’ll use that until the new one comes.
I don’t know how to reset my pressure but I think I’ve seen threads on here about it so I’ll do some more research.

Thanks all. I’m learning a lot.
Karen.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar info and FLEX
            Hi,

A BIG Thank you Thanks to all who helped me with my first Oscar report.  I upped my pressure and it seems to helped a great deal. My AHI went down quite a bit and overall, it looks much better on the flow chart.

Now, I do not understand FLEX....I have mine set on 2 for no reason at all....I don't understand its relationship to anything yet I hear people refer to it, etc.

I've included a screenshot of last nights data, and if anyone who knows how to understand could take a peek and clue me in to anything important I would appreciate that.

I did order a neck collar and will see if the helps the positional issues, but Im not sure if I had that many last night.  How can you tell if its positional or not?

Learning so much daily.  I want to make it a sprint but think it'll be a marathon.

Karen
Post Reply Post Reply
We prefer that you keep your therapy in one thread to allow members easy access to all history on the subject. For this reason, I have merged your two threads into one. If at some point you wish to change the thread title, please address your request to a moderator or administrator, providing the desired title name.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Good to know.
Post Reply Post Reply
The "flex" refers to how the machine detects you are exhaling and drops the pressure.  A lower number would tend to keep the exhale higher--closer to the inhale pressure while a higher number reduces pressure during exhale but it's actually a bit more complicated than that in how the machine responds. If you look at your pressure over the night you will see the higher line for inhale pressure and lower line for exhale.  I will leave it up to the more experienced folks to help determine whether you should try changing it. It can affect your AHI depending on your condition. There are also different flex "modes" that change the way the machine determines the exhale pressure so someone with more experience than me would be able to help with that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again Timpani. Good to know. I’ve tried doing a search on here but nothing of value showed up.

Yeah. That confusing. ESP as I don’t know what to look for on the graphs in terms of changing it or not. Stay the course unless I hear over wise I guess. Karen
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,249 50 minutes ago
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 239 7 hours ago
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 181 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 107 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 154 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 385 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 109 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.