Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally, SUCCESS after almost giving up on CPAP (retitled)
RE: New member, please help me interpret results
I don't have a delivery date from the vendor yet.  Should I suspend posting Oscar data until I receive and use the Resmed?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's up to you. We are not going to see anything new until you have a change in therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's data.  I'm starting to feel consistently better throughout the day.  More energy, better mood.  All I've changed was increasing the minimum pressure.  I'm also being much more intentional about wearing the mask the entire night.  I used to get up to go to the bathroom and not put it back on when I returned to bed, mostly because I didn't feel it was doing me any good and I slept better without it.

I learned of an improvement to the Dreamwear mask headgear that improves its fit that I didn't have (arms on the headstrap that goes around the back of the head).  I have ordered it and will install and try it out and see if that reduces leaks.

Resmed will be here Friday.  Looking forward to that!

Post Reply Post Reply
I already have some ideas for starting setting on the Resmed. This is looking better, and I suspect if you increased pressure, you may see additional gains, but I'm hoping for better once we can use EPR. In case I'm not around of Friday, make a note of this:
Mode Autoset for her
Minimum pressure 7.0
EPR Full Time 3
Maximum pressure 15.0

That starts therapy at a low 7.0/4.0 and goes to 15.0/12.0. Should feel good and be effective. The Resmed will be more active in changing pressure if there are flow limits, but they should clean right up.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just took a look at the manual for the Resmed and there is no setting for Autoset for Her.  It's the Aircurve 10 VAUTO.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, different machine and the same as mine. I don't know how I got to thinking it was the CPAP. Let's do this again.
In Vauto mode, EPAP min at 8.0, PS 3.0 and max pressure at 15.0. I looked back, and had already posted that in post #http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-New-member-please-help-me-interpret-results?pid=364221#pid364221
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's data.  Mask fits better with arms added.  Very good energy and mood yesterday.  Could I finally be catching up on my sleep? like

Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at the pressure chart you are maxed out on the high number 10   You should raise it up 1 or 2 point (11 or 12)
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's data.  Raised the max pressure to 11.  Aircurve VAUTO being delivered today so this will be the last data from the Respironics machine.  Once I figure it out and set it up I'll put in the settings suggested by Sleeprider.

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's data.  First night on Aircurve.  Very comfortable.  I'm glad I got it.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,633 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,040 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,268 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 553 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 376 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 905 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 461 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.