Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally, SUCCESS after almost giving up on CPAP (retitled)
RE: New member, please help me interpret results
Good for you! The thing to work with is the mask leak. You can’t have that much leakage and have excellent therapy.  You have nasal as the mask type is that correct?  You need the correct type to get the correct leak number.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You might be a candidate for the Knightsbridge Double Chin Strap from Suppler #37. This looks very good, and the events are pretty well controlled. I think you should increase EPAP min by 1 cm to 9.0 and try PS 3.6. Glad to hear you found it more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really like my mask.  It's comfortable and does not trigger my claustrophobia.  I don't know why, but I'm resistant to the chin strap.  Looks like it would be hot to wear.  Any other suggestions for reducing the leaks?  How terrible are my leaks and with the chin strap, how much more effective could my therapy be?

Having consistent days of good energy and mood.  This is wonderful!  I see my sleep doctor in about 3 weeks and she's going to be so impressed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Again is nasal mask correct. What brand and mask are you using?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Respironics Dreamwear nasal pillow.  Comfortable and I like the tube attachment on top of my head.  I never get tangled up in the tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have that type of mask and I like it also. There are 2 types of dreamware masks , cradle and pillows. A pillows has small ridges that actually go INTO the nostrils and a cradle that sits under the nose. Which do you have.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cradle.  I would probably wait for my sleep doctor appointment before I change masks.  Just got resupplied for my present mask from my DME thru Medicare so I’d probably have to wait to change if I want Medicare to pay.  Tried a full face mask early on and hated it.  Claustrophobic.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, just try to adjust it and work to get rid of the leaks.  But for your information - The mask type that leaks least is the Pillows type mask.  The mask you have is made in EITHER the cradle or pillows.  The head gear is the same as is the frame - the only difference is the pilllows that you change.  The cost on Amazon is about $15 and might be of help with leakage.  Here are 2 pictures of a cradle and pillows mask like you have.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think most of your leaks are not from the mask / skin contact, but from your mouth. As your jaw relaxes, it allows air to escape. There are a number of ways to deal with this, and the chin strap works for some. Read the mask primer in my signature links and note the "tongue trick". I sometimes wedge a thin pillow between may shoulder and jaw, and that can help. Your therapy is pretty darn good, and is working in spite of leaks, but it will be less disruptive and more effective if you deal with it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How does my variable breathing look with the Resmed?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,604 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,023 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,831 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 547 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 374 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 901 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 457 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.