Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally, SUCCESS after almost giving up on CPAP (retitled)
RE: New member, please help me interpret results
Last night's results.  I feel a little more tired this morning.  Not sure yet how I will deal with the leak problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
There is a saying in tactical training, "You can't miss fast enough to win a gun fight".  The same type of analogy applies for leaks in CPAP therapy.  You really need to get the major leaks under control before you try to address anything else.  It appears that your settings  have a good foundation.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Feel today more like the old days before we started tweaking my pressures.  Cranky, worn out.  Feels like a setback.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can't expect any therapy in presence of those massive leaks.  They are most probably mouth leaks.  So either you keep your mouth shut or us a FFM.  The data the machine deliver are worthless too in that case.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights data:

Post Reply Post Reply
You need to keep working on the leaks! Check the link at the bottom of my reply for a collar. And sleeprider suggested a Knightsbridge double chin strap from suppler #37. I don't know what you have tried but you do need to do something other than what you are doing.

You are using a VAUTO, most people leave the top number at 20. If you do not need the pressure that high the machine will not go that high. It is in auto mode. The bottom number is where it should be - very few (one) H so you don't need to raise it. I think the top number should be higher, however, sleeprider gave you 15 of a top number and he is excellent so wait for him to answer.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree that the leak rate needs sorted. We can still see that respiration varies peak to peak. Using the Advanced View in OSCAR we can see fluctuations in respiration by viewing the tidal volume and minute vent lines.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cervical collar ordered. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's data.  Pretty terrible night's sleep.  Couldn't go to sleep, reduced minimum pressure back to 8.0 and fiddled with the hose temperature. Very tired this morning.  Wife awoke before me (as she always does) and said the nasal cushion was leaking terribly under my nose, but my mouth was closed.  Thinking of ordering a nasal pillow nosepiece from Amazon and trying that.  Also ordered a soft cervical collar that I'll get tomorrow.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers look ok, and you are on the right path for stopping leaks. I would try ONE of the 2 options. first the Pillows (your wife said your mouth was closed) and see how that works. If you still have large leaks go for the collar.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,632 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,039 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,262 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 553 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 376 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 905 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 461 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.