Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally, SUCCESS after almost giving up on CPAP (retitled)
RE: New member, please help me interpret results
fyi for future reference multicast, the vauto is not designed to treat ca, although a high trigger setting may help some people to a small degree. asv is the only machine designed to treat ca, mixed apnea and periodic breathing (that is, among cpap/apap/bilevel machines; some even higher level or more specialized machines may also but I'm not familiar with those).
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t have a diagnosis of CA, only OSA, insomnia and REM sleep behavior disorder.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, sheepless, I've mixed this up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2020, 07:52 PM)Computerdoc Wrote: I don’t have a diagnosis of CA, only OSA, insomnia and REM sleep behavior disorder.

The, IMHO, an AutoSet is all you need.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again!  Feeling great and experiencing feeling more rested and more energy and better mood daily.  THIS has always been my hope of what I could get from using a CPAP but, until this point, never could.  

Currently using P30i mask with Medium nosepiece.  I was taping nightly but ran out of tape a couple of days ago so I tried not using tape a few nights.  By my reckoning my leak results are about the same either way.  I plan on continuing mask only.  Oscar results before (taping) and after (no taping) posted below.  Did I train my mouth to mostly stay shut (if I could only practice that more in my waking hours  Wink ).

With taping:

Without taping:

Are there any further recommended adjustments to settings on my Resmed machine?

When I was using the Respironics Dreamstation machine, there was some concern from Sleep Rider regarding the large amount of Variable Breathing.  Is this still a concern?  I don't even see that variable displayed on the Oscar graphs generated since I switched machines to the Resmed Aircurve.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
The difference in the Resmed machine is that it does not have a variable breathing algorithm. In you case, it paralyzed the machine response. We can still see some erratic variations in respiratory flow, but your machine continues to respond to more important things. Interesting you have basically zero flow limitation now and your leaks have really come-around to be pretty good.

BTW, let me know if you want to change the title of this thread. This looks to me like "help me on the road to success". You seem to have arrived.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please change the title of the thread to something like" "Finally, SUCCESS after almost giving up on CPAP and being defeated by sleep apnea."

I plan on writing up my success story and post it for what it's worth to others who come seeking help on this forum.  Is there anything else I can do to "pay forward" the help I've gotten here?  I am certainly not qualified to interpret Oscar charts or recommend machine settings, but if I can otherwise help in any way, I'm willing.

Thanks for the encouragement and great advice I've received on this forum, and special thanks to SleepRider, staceyburke and multicast for their help.  Without you and others who responded to my thread, my CPAP would still be gathering dust in my closet, I'd be falling asleep all the time and always exhausted. To coin a phrase, I feel like I've gotten a new lease on life.

Awake now,
James Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
In case you aren't aware, Apnea Board has a thread dedicated to allowing members to post their success stories.

Here is the link:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Post-Here
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally, SUCCESS after almost giving up on CPAP (retitled)
You got it! I think the new title captures what new users need to see to read through 15 pages of therapy. I'm so glad that we have arrived at this point. It's been a lot of work and persistence on your part.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,618 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,032 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,921 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 547 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 374 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 901 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 458 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.